Thread: G17 Slide Import

G17 Slide Import

https://crprecision.us/product/og-slide/

Hello,

I’m looking for some clarification, I’ve checked on the RCMP site and I’m still not 100% sure on this. I’m wanting to purchase the slide from the above link and get it shipped here. I don’t think there would be many issues as a slide technically isn’t a firearm (on handguns it’s only the frame that’s considered a firearm unless I’m mistaken) I just wanted to know if anyone else has purchased a slide from the US and what hoops they had to jump through, if any?

Thanks
    Last edited by NAA; 01-16-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: unhotlink

It would still fall under ITAR regulations, and would need an export license on there part. That is why they don't ship/sell to Canada. Plus if they did it would end up costing $800+ cdn. Look into getting the work done here in Canada on your own slide, this company can give you the desired look you want, without there logo on your slide.

http://www.blackboxcustoms.com/milling-2
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 01-16-2020 at 01:15 AM.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Regular
    You are my hero! Thank you for this link

No worries, they do great work and are closer to you than most.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

That makes sense, thanks very much for the link though! I’d much rather support a Canadian business and it being a fraction of the cost is a nice bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by SicSemperTyrannis View Post
    That makes sense, thanks very much for the link though! I’d much rather support a Canadian business and it being a fraction of the cost is a nice bonus!

Enjoy your customization, I am sure it will come out fantastic. They offer the whole gambit of work and parts/accessories for Glock. You can also look for a used slide on the EE and customize that one.
    LEST WE FORGET

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Definitely, 100%, the guys at blackbox are the masters of their trade.
    Just finished 2 projects with them and have a third one underway (yeah they’re that good).

They may not be able to copy that exact slide in your link, but what they’ll get you will be exceptional none the less.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

Last edited by 1ABNDT; 01-16-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    LEST WE FORGET