Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Gaging interest in re-introducing the NR lower conversion for the DA50 uppers

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    I hear ya.
    However the new machine could be dedicated to cranking out sporters into our freedom loving, yearlong waiting hands
    They were very specific that the machine they were looking at couldn’t be used for MS production. It was a smaller one for smaller projects. They build lots of other stuff there and that’s probably suffering due to MS production hogging all the milling machine time. The cost of another machine to help with MS production is huge.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    I’m assuming you have an MS.
    Maybe someone can explain how an extra person and machine making .50 cal lowers is not capable of making MS lowers.

It’s totally up to atrs of course!
    Would just be appreciated by the hundreds waiting if any extra horsepower is put on the MS as the wait is very long.
    Last edited by drifter dave; 02-23-2020 at 12:16 AM.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    I’m assuming you have an MS.
    Maybe someone can explain how an extra person and machine making .50 cal lowers is not capable of making MS lowers.

It’s totally up to atrs of course!
    Would just be appreciated by the hundreds waiting if any extra horsepower is put on the MS as the wait is very long.
    Yes I do have one already. I got in early on the first run. But I do know where you’re coming from with wanting yours. I’ve been waiting for a rifle for a year now that was suppose to be done last summer and still hasn’t started production. What they said is the machine they were looking at wasn’t capable of completing all the steps required for MS pieces. It was short either one or two axis. So it would mean having to manually having reposition each piece for every step. And I don’t think they ever mentioned hiring another individual to run it. They would just run pieces while the other machines were building MS. They are a small shop doing the best they can and had the opportunity to make themselves a bit bigger with another machine and was looking at a way to pay for it. Your MS will come. And when it does you’ll love it.

CGN Regular
    .::

delete
    Last edited by Mitchell; 05-02-2020 at 11:23 PM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes---Thomas Jefferson

Funny that’s pretty much what mine will look like if this project ever gets off the ground.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    An overdue update.
    The CNC mill we were looking at did not pan out, so the hunt continues for another machine. At this point we have decided NOT to push forward with the NR lowers for the DA50 uppers as given what we currently have for machines as it would impact Modern Sporter production.
    The mill we lost out on was not capable of complex tasks like are required in the manufacture of Sporters which is why we even entertained the idea.

So to be clear we are not at this time planning to run another production run of our 50 cal lowers. Sorry guys we can only do so much at 1 time.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112