Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaging interest in re-introducing the NR lower conversion for the DA50 uppers

I'm in!!!

Interested.
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

Quote Originally Posted by gallen270 View Post
    Have you considered adapting them for the MS lower instead? You’d still have to mod the upper at a labour cost, but could save yourself an entire machine since your already focused on those lowers.
    This is a very interesting idea but ultimately, it would still take time away from MS production.

I would like one as well.

Interested

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    According to Dan at Canada Ammo they have a couple hundred DA 50 single shot 50 cal uppers in the works.
    We have received several inquiries of late as to whether we would entertain re-introducing the NR lowers that we manufactured a few years back that were then mated to the DA50 uppers.
    The question I need the answer to is, is there enough demand for these to warrant the purchase of another CNC milling machine and the hiring of another machinist to run them?
    We have the entire shop fully engaged at this time and likely for the next 18 months machining Modern Sporter receivers and I will not hinder that production in any way.

As near as we can determine cost will be in the $850.00 area, but if there is enough interest I will take the time to figure out to the nickle the final cost, but like everything, yes it will increase from years ago. This will include the modifications required to the uppers to allow it to mate to the NR lower, just as before.
    These mods are irreversible so the upper will never mate to an AR15 lower again.
    I know it's easy to say this from outside looking in but...

Why not purchase that other CNC machine and put it to use making Modern Sporters? One machine can be running lowers and the other can be running uppers. No need to switch back and forth. The Sporter is currently your hottest item thus your most backlogged item. You're talking about producing Sporters in the thousands compared to a couple hundred DA50's that might need a lower. I know what one I'd be doing....

And if anti semi-auto politics are still a concern is there any reason the extra CNC machine can't be put to use for other projects like the DA50 if things go the wrong way sometime down the road?

Just my .02c carry on guys....
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I'm in for one. I talked to ATRS today and they mentioned they had this thread up.
    When in doubt, mumble.

i would be interested
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes---Thomas Jefferson

Can I just get a DA50 upper, regardless?

Last time I checked they are IMPOSSIBLE to find....... (hint hint) help me!!!!!
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

Interested

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast