Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gaging interest in re-introducing the NR lower conversion for the DA50 uppers

CGN Regular
    I can’t in a million years think that ATRS would make a product to fit a bcl lower. Yuk!
    While I can see everyone’s idea behind this thought process, ATRS has a lower already designed for this product, and a stag 10 or bcl, or modern sporter, or any other receiver brings nothing to the table.
    The lower they produce is much stronger than a basic AR lower, and makes a lot more sense.

I may actually be interested in one of these lowers even though I already have a proper 50

CGN Regular
    Interested.

I was lucky enough to be one of the first to get the ATRS lower with the DA50 upper back in 2015. I’m very happy with the rifle, it’s put a big smile on anyone’s face whose shot it.

It's out of my price range, but if it weren't I would be all over it.
    "I probably don't know half as much about this as I think I do."

OMG!!! I'd be all over these! I've always wanted a 50, but even the cheapest ones were way to expensive! This would be perfect! Love the look of it. I actually really like that it is only a single shot bolt action. Accuracy will be maximized, and with the cost of 50BMG, you can actually take your time and have some fun without breaking the bank shooting a semi in this caliber!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I know it's easy to say this from outside looking in but...

Why not purchase that other CNC machine and put it to use making Modern Sporters? One machine can be running lowers and the other can be running uppers. No need to switch back and forth. The Sporter is currently your hottest item thus your most backlogged item. You're talking about producing Sporters in the thousands compared to a couple hundred DA50's that might need a lower. I know what one I'd be doing....

And if anti semi-auto politics are still a concern is there any reason the extra CNC machine can't be put to use for other projects like the DA50 if things go the wrong way sometime down the road?

Just my .02c carry on guys....
    The CNC machine that has come to our attention would allow us to increase production on Sporters simply by not having to interrupt Sporter production with other products we also need to make. It would allow us to then dedicate all 4 current mills 100% to Sporter production.
    The potential new to us mill is a used machine that has limitations but for small runs of simple parts such as the ATSHL lower and upper block or rings or barrel engraving it would work fine.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Interested

I'd take one that fits the Stag 10 lower. Should have a larger market base with Stag 10 than with the MS, no?

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The CNC machine that has come to our attention would allow us to increase production on Sporters simply by not having to interrupt Sporter production with other products we also need to make. It would allow us to then dedicate all 4 current mills 100% to Sporter production.
    The potential new to us mill is a used machine that has limitations but for small runs of simple parts such as the ATSHL lower and upper block or rings or barrel engraving it would work fine.
    Sounds like it just makes sense to go ahead and buy that other machine anyway! Then you can go full out on the Sporters until production catches up with demand! I'm sure with the way you guys are putting out amazing, innovative products, all of your machines will be in constant use for the foreseeable future!

I like the idea of a purpose built DA50 Lower as I bet, that without a mag well work around using the AR15/ BCL102/Stag 10 lower or whatever, it will be much stronger and probably last longer with your dedicated, solid lower. I also bet it would look better as you don't have an open, unused mag well in the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    I'd take one that fits the Stag 10 lower. Should have a larger market base with Stag 10 than with the MS, no?
    I'm not sure people understand. It would be Canada Ammo that needs to change the upper design for them to mate up with the NR BCL102/Stag 10 or any other NR lowers. Right now the Canada Ammo BA50 uppers are made to mate with an AR15 lower making the new rifle restricted. Currently, the only way to get them into the non-restricted category is for ATR to make up more, purpose built, non-restricted lowers to mate up with them.

The only other option to have them NR, would be to have BCL or Stag make up NR lowers that would mate up with the Canada Ammo BA50 upper.