Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gaging interest in re-introducing the NR lower conversion for the DA50 uppers

Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    I'm not sure people understand. It would be Canada Ammo that needs to change the upper design for them to mate up with the NR BCL102/Stag 10 or any other NR lowers. Right now the Canada Ammo BA50 uppers are made to mate with an AR15 lower making the new rifle restricted. Currently, the only way to get them into the non-restricted category is for ATR to make up more, purpose built, non-restricted lowers to mate up with them.

The only other option to have them NR, would be to have BCL or Stag make up NR lowers that would mate up with the Canada Ammo BA50 upper.
    But then all those lowers would be restricted by name as they would mate up with an AR upper.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    But then all those lowers would be restricted by name as they would mate up with an AR upper.

Read the original thread... uppers is modified so it can never be mounted to a standard ar15 lower......

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Oops, I think your're right. Have to just have the Canada Ammo BA50 Upper modified permanently to fit into either a purpose built ATR Lower or any other NR lower.

For everyone that does not know, this is the modification that is done to the upper receiver so it cannot mate to an AR15 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Read the original thread... uppers is modified so it can never be mounted to a standard ar15 lower......
    I understand that. He was suggesting having one of the companies that currently make NR lowers make one that mates with the DA upper. The DA upper is an AR upper. That makes anything it mates with an AR variant. ATRS modifies the upper so it no longer fits in a standard AR lower. The first part of his statement contradicts the last part of his statement. That’s what I was pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    Oops, I think your're right. Have to just have the Canada Ammo BA50 Upper modified permanently to fit into either a purpose built ATR Lower or any other NR lower.
    Exactly. But currently all the NR options out there don’t have anything in common with a standard AR upper as far as mounting goes so you would have to completely redesign the upper not just modify it. Having ATRS offer a lower that is close to an AR lower but with a slight modification means that it’s just a simple mod to the upper to attach it.

I'd be interested in one for sure!

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Yes!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The question I need the answer to is, is there enough demand for these to warrant the purchase of another CNC milling machine and the hiring of another machinist to run them?
    We have the entire shop fully engaged at this time and likely for the next 18 months machining Modern Sporter receivers and I will not hinder that production in any way.
    My only concern is the potential for there to be a significant delay... And of course, bans by OIC...

Standing by for more info/insight...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I'm in!