Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Da 50 for stag 10 lower

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Koechanator View Post
    Can you even find any da 50s in stock in canada right now?
    Just the complete upper @ CanadaAmmo... Which mates with a restricted AR15 lower...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Check equipment exchange for DA 50

Da50 on stag 10 lower would be perfect! I hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    ya I have no desire to spend a mint on a special lower from atrs.

the "smart move" going forward for the DA50 or a similar product would be to make it a drop in fit for the stag-10 lower.

maybe a competitor will pick up the idea and run with it.
    It would be a good idea, maybe call it the DA50-10? haha. I assume it would also need to be altered to not fit the AR15 anymore?

I don't know how that works if an upper that fits on both AR15 and Stag10, could it alter the FRT for the Stag? In a similar occurrence to the Ruger 30rnd mags that became prohibited when Ruger made the charger pistol? It would have to be Stag 10 pattern specific I think?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    I think the problem with that in Can Am isn’t building these. They’re assembling them from components they source. And due to the fact that down south they don’t need to worry about not using AR lowers so the uppers are made for those. An upper that fits a Stag 10 would have such a limited market that they would cost an absolute fortune.
    ^What Shorerider said in another thread.

Short of significant cost outlay per upper, I doubt that either Stag 10 or MH uppers will be marketed for the DA50.

I'd love to be wrong!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    It would be a good idea, maybe call it the DA50-10? haha. I assume it would also need to be altered to not fit the AR15 anymore?

I don't know how that works if an upper that fits on both AR15 and Stag10, could it alter the FRT for the Stag? In a similar occurrence to the Ruger 30rnd mags that became prohibited when Ruger made the charger pistol? It would have to be Stag 10 pattern specific I think?
    I believe it will have to be a complete redesign. The Stag 10 lowers have a longer length which the DA50 upper wasn't designed for. They will have to lengthen it to make it viable. Question is how much $$ and time this will take. Similar tooling but different design still means it has to go back to the drawing board. I for one will absolutely pick one up if this was to happen even if it means paying $200 more than the ar-15 compatible version to get a specific receiver for Stag10.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post

it would require a complete remake of an upper and bolt...… it would no longer be a DA-50, it would be something else.
    If it drop in fits on a stag 10 lower it will be non restricted all around..... perhaps needing a hammer and spring swap for functionality.
    It's "any" manufacturers game right now...… who will come up with it first?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    Da 50 is junk. Bought one from Canada ammo and it would not extract. Chamber was rough. Reached out to Canada ammo and was told it's not their problem
    I put the email chain on the Canada ammo page for all to see. It was on a atrs lower. I sold the rifle. Save your money and buy a styer hs50 . Avoid Canada ammo. Go online yo find the horror stories of da50's blowing up on people due to headspace issues.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

BANNED
    Canadammo sells the .50 bmg barrels for $100

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    Da 50 is junk. Bought one from Canada ammo and it would not extract. Chamber was rough. Reached out to Canada ammo and was told it's not their problem
    I put the email chain on the Canada ammo page for all to see. It was on a atrs lower. I sold the rifle. Save your money and buy a styer hs50 . Avoid Canada ammo. Go online yo find the horror stories of da50's blowing up on people due to headspace issues.
    I bought that rifle. Interestingly enough, your communications regarding those matters noted nothing of issues. Quite contradictory to your above post, actually.

Since that time, I have burned through all the ammo purchased in that deal, and then some. Yes, it came to me with stiff extraction. That was relatively quickly and easily remedied with a friend, so no worries, I am still satisfied with the deal we brokered.

No, the DA50 is not a boutique rifle, not at all. But it takes what I can feed it, and is nicely NR. I can dig that, even though I am sure the Steyr or even a Cadex would be a good step up.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast