Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New German Made MARPAT, Alice Packs.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

New German Made MARPAT, Alice Packs.

We were very impressed by the quality of these packs and the low price made these sell out very quickly. We put in a second much larger order of these that is on the way to us now. We expect the shipment to arrive within 2 weeks. We are offering $30.00 off the regular price ($129.95) for advanced orders placed prior to the arrival.

The Albanian Armed Forces commissioned these brand new Alice packs to be produced in Germany, but the deal never went through. With a MARPAT style multi-cam digital camo, sturdy shoulder and waist straps, six exterior pouches and a heavy-duty metal Alice frame, this pack is ready for adventure and now in the hands of civilians.

They measure 19" tall, 15" wide, and 11" deep and weigh in at only 6 lbs.

Features

Heavy-duty Alice Frame
    Secure Waist Belt
    Three Large Exterior Pouches
    Three Small Exterior Pouches
    Multi-Cam Digital Pattern
    Secure Strap Closures

Do you know how much these packs could hold approximately? 50L?

Based on measurements cubed, it would be 50L right on the nose!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Can you confirm that they are made in Germany? only thing I found online is that they are from an Albanian contract that fell through.

no mention of manufacture.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

We will verify this tomorrow on our sample.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Smoothbore's Avatar
    For those of us not up on pack technology, what is the benefit of the metal frame?
    Does it allow you to carry weight more comfortably than a soft pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothbore View Post
    For those of us not up on pack technology, what is the benefit of the metal frame?
    Does it allow you to carry weight more comfortably than a soft pack?
    A lot of guys still swear by these packs, but to be honest they’re pretty archaic. A solid metal external frame will technically support more weight, but the way these packs transfer that weight to your shoulders and hips is awful.
    Virtually nobody who knows what they’re doing and has money is using these in an operational role. They’ve all been replaced by mystery ranch, kifaru, eberlestock, arcteryx, and countless other brands who make real modern backpacks.
    I’ve got a couple old Alice packs myself, but they sit in the basement while I take out my modern bags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Smoothbore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
    A lot of guys still swear by these packs, but to be honest they’re pretty archaic. A solid metal external frame will technically support more weight, but the way these packs transfer that weight to your shoulders and hips is awful.
    Virtually nobody who knows what they’re doing and has money is using these in an operational role. They’ve all been replaced by mystery ranch, kifaru, eberlestock, arcteryx, and countless other brands who make real modern backpacks.
    I’ve got a couple old Alice packs myself, but they sit in the basement while I take out my modern bags.

Ordered!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
    Come on man.

Current usmc issue is the filbe. Thats an external frame.

Mystery ranch, lot of the mil stuff will use their nice frame, which is pretty much an external frame.

So no this deisgn is not only, not deprecated, its essentially still current issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast