Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Thanks for posting ; there is STRENGTH in numbers , and firearm owners need to be speaking to their MPs face to face !
    Yes, if you have the time to meet your MP that is excellent, write letters as well, phone them is the next best thing, e-mails have only slightly more value than petitions. Ask questions that require an answer, just keep the pressure on. Encourage your family and buddies to do the same.

Stopping a law is far easier than trying to reverse a bad law at a later date!

I'm sure there will be challenges to confiscation. I wonder if the buy back will end up being voluntary (for show) and grandfathering will be the other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    I'm sure there will be challenges to confiscation. I wonder if the buy back will end up being voluntary (for show) and grandfathering will be the other option.
    Sounds like you have accepted defeat already, dare I ask how many letters have you written?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Yes, if you have the time to meet your MP that is excellent, write letters as well, phone them is the next best thing, e-mails have only slightly more value than petitions. Ask questions that require an answer, just keep the pressure on. Encourage your family and buddies to do the same.

Stopping a law is far easier than trying to reverse a bad law at a later date!
    I don't think a petition is a waste of time, it just needs a over 100k to really get the point across. Media outlets are starting to notice as well. I also think a petition is easy enough for people to sign who aren't necessarily gun enthusiasts but also don't agree with Trudeau's gun ban either and can voice their opinion quickly without writing a letter or being too personal about it. I think every gun club and business involved in the industry should be asking people to sign these petition's, every little bit helps in my opinion.
    Last edited by windage; 01-17-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by windage View Post
    I don't think a petition is a waste of time, it just needs a over 100k to really get the point across. Media outlets are starting to notice as well.
    My point is that if everyone who signed a petition wrote a personal letter it would have a far greater effect and why stop at one letter?

My point is that if everyone who signed a petition wrote a personal letter it would have a far greater effect and why stop at one letter?
    I absolutely agree with you that everyone should write a letter, I was just responding to you saying petitions were a waste of time. I referenced the wrong quote from you in my last post.
    Last edited by windage; 01-17-2020 at 10:38 PM.

I would consider that we, Wolverine Supplies, are also a major AR importer, we have heard nothing to say that the Government are now considering "Grandfathering". To be honest this has always been an option. It may reduce the pressure applied to the Government, but don't kid yourself, past experience has shown that your days using "Grandfathered" firearms will be limited.

As for paying compensation, this is a joke, I would bet dollars to doe-nuts that you will not be paid for your accessories that are often worth more than the rifle alone. The market value of these accessories will crash! Exporting these accessories would be costly if even possible and you will only sell for cents on the dollar.

Time to keep the pressure on. Write letters, petitions are a waste of time. Anyone can make a few strokes on the keyboard and then sit back and say I have done my bit! that is a joke. There are millions of gun owners and at best Petitions only get a few thousand signatures, that, in my opinion, only shows the Government the apathy in our ranks.

Time to put pen to paper and write a letter, only letters show the Government that we are serious. Just a couple of lines will do the trick.
    Above is the correct quote ^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Some of us wrote a letter to every single MP sitting in parliament.
    I will ignore every person here that actively or passively supports the liberal party, support or are friends with Justin Turdhole, and any legislation aimed at increasing gun control. I will never purchase nor sell any items from/to those individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
    Some of us wrote a letter to every single MP sitting in parliament.
    Great to hear, except you say some of us, not all of us, now time to do it again and get some buddies on side to help, the battle is far from over yet!

I'd like to think that writing letters help, but from the ones I've written to Senators, Billy, and Trudy, I've heard crickets back… But perhaps it still annoys them enough to change something, that's what I hope.
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart