Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Sounds like you have accepted defeat already, dare I ask how many letters have you written?
    Not accepting defeat, far from it. That's being hopeful with the worst case scenario. I have written, and continue to write, many letters. My hope is that these changes don't come in the first place.

Thank you for the heads up and words of encouragement, letters on the way first thing Monday.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

"Grandfathering" of currently non-restricted semi-autos would probably include a registration requirement, no?

My MP is Justin Trudeau
    Hard times create strong men,
    Strong men create good times,
    Good times create weak men,
    Weak men create hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    "Grandfathering" of currently non-restricted semi-autos would probably include a registration requirement, no?
    In my opinion that would be a fair assumption. I would expect there to be a deadline and how would the current owners be notified as no one knows who they are or even how many guns would be affected.

Your point really opens up a can of worms, a point that we should all bring to our MP's attention. Good call sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankflag View Post
    My MP is Justin Trudeau
    Then you need to call your MP every day!

In my opinion that would be a fair assumption. I would expect there to be a deadline and how would the current owners be notified as no one knows who they are or even how many guns would be affected.

Your point really opens up a can of worms, a point that we should all bring to our MP's attention. Good call sir.
    Wouldn't the Government just notify all PAL owners in such a scenario?

Then all potential owners have been informed and the onus is on them to register / comply.

Or not......

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Wouldn't the Government just notify all PAL owners in such a scenario?

Then all potential owners have been informed and the onus is on them to register / comply.

Or not......
    Pardon me for saying, but I believe that to be a very naive assumption. What about all the PAL holders who are working or serving overseas? I guess they would all be SOL just as before!

Pardon me for saying, but I believe that to be a very naive assumption. What about all the PAL holders who are working or serving overseas? I guess they would all be SOL just as before!
    From the Governments perspective it don`t matter - they have notified all potential owners and therefore the onus is on them to comply. The answer will be that those who are oversees should have some sort of system setup to deal with such things (mail redirection or whatever).

From there anyone caught with something that falls within whatever criteria is set will be breaking the law. Ignorance is no excuse will be their motto.

Trust me when I say I dont agree with any of it but I can see it playing out like this.

the friendlyist dictatorship in the world
    Then you need to call your MP every day!
    call him what