Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
    if only 0.1% of firearm owners physically resist, which represent 2000 firearm owners, there will be some major incidents posted on social media.
    Hard to explain why someone got shot/killed when they were not a threat to anyone, no criminal record, perfect tax paying citizen, previously to the police charging into their homes.
    They would be painted by the media as the "dangerous maniacs who fell through the screening process and should never have had firearms in the first place" narrative, or "we got to those individuals before they could do any harm to the public." One more black eye on the community, times 2000.

if only 0.1% of firearm owners physically resist, which represent 2000 firearm owners, there will be some major incidents posted on social media.
    Hard to explain why someone got shot/killed when they were not a threat to anyone, no criminal record, perfect tax paying citizen, previously to the police charging into their homes.
    Unfortunately I think that will backfire on us. After the first couple incidents the antis will be saying see we told you these were dangerous people, let’s ban all gun and lock up every current license holder. I think peaceful resistance and non compliance is the only way we’ll get any sympathy from anyone outside our culture.

Anyone thinking they are getting grandfathered for anything is in denial

There is no provision for grandfathering in c-21. If they want to grandfather they have to pass new law. What do you think the odds are they are going to pass specific law to make it so you can keep the guns they are trying to ban are?

Shawn

Super GunNutz
    They're not grandfathering SFA and the only thing they might buy back( for peanuts) is what you,the firearm owner ,decides to turn in.

I highly doubt they even give a crap about your restricted either.
    Theyll just let you keep them and pretend they dont know where they are.
    Just dont get caught with them though,as itll be you who pays them,to take it.
    And it wont be cheap.

CGN frequent flyer
    How many filed S74?
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    How many filed S74?
    I thought we couldn't apply for an S74 because they "nullified" rather than "revoked" licences? I think Runkle of the Bailey is leading a challenge against the use of "Nullified" to ensure that they are seen as having been "Revoked" which would allow people to then put forward S74 challenges

I may be wrong, I am not an expert in this area

CGN Regular
    Hey guys, I'm new to firearms and am still waiting on my PAL. With grandfathering, is there a specific purchase date cutoff for any previously unbanned firearms? Example, can I spend some $$$ and pick up a couple of "banned" firearms as soon as I get my PAL and just grandfather them to myself? Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWeißeWolf View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to firearms and am still waiting on my PAL. With grandfathering, is there a specific purchase date cutoff for any previously unbanned firearms? Example, can I spend some $$$ and pick up a couple of "banned" firearms as soon as I get my PAL and just grandfather them to myself? Thanks!
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWeißeWolf View Post
    You're over a year late to the party.

Congratulations, you get to keep those funds and put them to good use for the purchase of other "now legal, perhaps soon banned" firearms.

Or get another hobby and save the heartache
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.