Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Control

Future Gun Control

“My Government source advises the following”

Government officials are starting to see lots of emails and letters come in from all across the country. I don’t know if this will be enough to scare a few backbench Liberal MPs to speak out.

There is a possibility they (Liberals) rush through the regulations once they are tabled, as they might not want people purchasing the firearms between the time of the tabling and Cabinet approving them. There is normally at least a month long wait time once something gets posted in the Queen’s Gazette and by the time it comes to Cabinet. This is when people have the opportunity to submit their feedback.

It is most important that if you have a liberal MP, I encourage you to call your constituency office. Having Liberal MPs voice concerns is our only way of getting them to put on the breaks.

In terms of parliamentary scrutiny, if they do change the classification of firearms through an OIC, they will still need to seek approval from the House for the money. If they offer a buy back scheme? They will not be completely scot-free in getting this done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Excellent to have a heads up in this matter, Thank you John for all you do for us fellow gunnies
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

So what you are saying is: keep the pressure on and keep writting letters, sending emails and meeting with our elected MPs

CGN frequent flyer
    Also, if you are considering buying something that may get banned, buy it now in case they go the grandfather route. By this I mean they will allow folks who own the items before the ban, to keep them and use them, similar to prohib status for short barreled handguns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    In terms of parliamentary scrutiny, if they do change the classification of firearms through an OIC, they will still need to seek approval from the House for the money. If they offer a buy back scheme? They will not be completely scot-free in getting this done.
    If they do go ahead with gun bans I can't see coming up with confiscation money ("buy back" money as they like to call it) being a factor in "delaying" the process. I'm of the firm belief that we'll never receive a damn cent in confiscation money from the gun grabbing thieves. History has proven this to be true and you know what they say about history repeating itself.

Speaking of history repeating itself... I suspect non compliance to be high just like what happened the last major round of gun bans.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    My sources from AR importers say the government may now be looking at the grandfather system rather than a buy back, due to cost. I have no written information to back this up so don’t hang me if I am wrong. I have just been talking with importers and it seems that is at least on the table.

The point about contacting Liberal MP’s is really the only way to stop this thing. Liberal, NDP, and Bloc are all in favour. So aside from the liberals changing their plan it is going through. What goes through is yet to be determined, but something is going to happen for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    My sources from AR importers say the government may now be looking at the grandfather system rather than a buy back, due to cost. I have no written information to back this up so don’t hang me if I am wrong. I have just been talking with importers and it seems that is at least on the table.

The point about contacting Liberal MP’s is really the only way to stop this thing. Liberal, NDP, and Bloc are all in favour. So aside from the liberals changing their plan it is going through. What goes through is yet to be determined, but something is going to happen for sure.
    I would consider that we, Wolverine Supplies, are also a major AR importer, we have heard nothing to say that the Government are now considering "Grandfathering". To be honest this has always been an option. It may reduce the pressure applied to the Government, but don't kid yourself, past experience has shown that your days using "Grandfathered" firearms will be limited.

As for paying compensation, this is a joke, I would bet dollars to doe-nuts that you will not be paid for your accessories that are often worth more than the rifle alone. The market value of these accessories will crash! Exporting these accessories would be costly if even possible and you will only sell for cents on the dollar.

Time to keep the pressure on. Write letters, petitions are a waste of time. Anyone can make a few strokes on the keyboard and then sit back and say I have done my bit! that is a joke. There are millions of gun owners and at best Petitions only get a few thousand signatures, that, in my opinion, only shows the Government the apathy in our ranks.

Time to put pen to paper and write a letter, only letters show the Government that we are serious. Just a couple of lines will do the trick.

And when will they announce this?
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    And when will they announce this?
    That is anyone's guess, depending on the pressure we apply or fail to apply, it could happen later this Month and come into effect after 30 days so could be as early as the end of Feb!

We have no time to waste.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Thanks for posting ; there is STRENGTH in numbers , and firearm owners need to be speaking to their MPs face to face !
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast