Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Registration shut down?

Just my opinion, if they give cities or provinces the power to ban handguns or restricted firearms, is that not similar to banning them altogether?

Market would decrease in size, possibly drastically, so would value of goods, no “buyback” needed, and effectively regulate flows until a % of firearm can’t be owned nor sold and must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    I didn't think they were "going after" the handguns yet. This is why I ask.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    ^ ^ That would be a Gong show on top of the Going show...mehh~ . I Need me an AR Lower..got any deals Wolverine?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    I didn't think they were "going after" the handguns yet. This is why I ask.
    Well then, you better “think” again my friend!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    The government can't be trusted with a registry. It needs to die. Tax payers would save a fortune.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    We ran out of time already!!!
    CCFR/NFA

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    First go round I only got 12(6).

What would be stuff to look into for this potential go round?
    What to expect this go around?!? They are banning hand guns and you think you get to keep what you have under your 12(6)...... Peoples this is “End Game”, you get nothing and like it. The cards are in their favour, just how are they going to play them.
    Hopefully I’m Wrong
    google jpg
    Last edited by zelly_101; 01-18-2020 at 11:28 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    The government can't be trusted with a registry. It needs to die. Tax payers would save a fortune.
    I wish I were a super uber hacker, but I can barely operate this contraption.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Watch what the government is doing in Virginia folks..
    They have the 2nd..We have nothing

Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    Tax payers would save a fortune.
    That assumes the money "saved" would be put to good use. Harry needs a canadian security detachment to live in Canada. Illegal refugees need hotel rooms with room service. Trudeau needs to fly around the world for benders, i mean, personal days. The government never saves money. They just decide which furnace to shovel cash into.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    Well, one error is that there would be no appeal. I can't imagine courts would look at the government not doing their job then refusing to clear up the backlog for registrations. I can't guarantee you would win, but I certainly would prefer that side of the case in court. Governments can't really operate in bad faith with no consequences as long as there is a free court system...and there is in Canada.
    With all due respect, you are wrong. When C-68 came into force, myself and roughly 10,000 other people lost the 12(6) firearms they purchased between 1995 and 1998. At issue was the fact that we were required to be in possession of a registration certificate in order to be grandfathered. The government cancelled the existing certificates and then willfully delayed issuing new ones until it was too late to qualify for gandfathering. This was not a case of a few delays or errors. They did it to 10,000 people. Many of us appealed in court. We all lost. Many, many judges observed that it was an unholy mess and that the government had not acted in good faith. But in not one case did the courts fail to side with the government. And 10,000 of us lost our guns.

So please forgive me when I say you could not be more wrong in your current faith in our judiciary.
    Member CCFR
    Member CSSA

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
    - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast