Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Division in a Time of Needed Unity

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    This is sooo CGN, the analogy is exactly what we are doing.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCanadian View Post
    The first 3:30 of that clip was bang on and awesome!
    You are right, every gun owner in Canada should at least watch the first 3:30 minutes.
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

The fact that we have a government in a democratic country that is trying to dis-arm a law abiding community, take away what people do for hobbies, for fun and for sport. Activities that bring people together, not drive them apart. Pastimes that get people out of the house and get them off their phones, T.V's and youtube. Enable them to be part of a community with similar interests and the joy that comes with that. I find it appalling and shameful. Our government is restricting our freedoms based on their OPINIONS, nothing to do with this ban is in any way based on facts. They are taking away law-abiding people's possessions because CRIMINALS use similar items to commit crime. Even to a simple minded person this makes absolutely no sense. Take the "scary" firearms out of the equation and substitute it for ANYTHING else and you see how ridiculous this is. Imagine if there was an increase in criminals using baseball bats in crime, using our government's mindset, we will require all baseball bats to be turned into police, all baseball games are to be canceled and little Johnny can't play little league anymore. Instead of going after the bad guys with the baseball bats, the government goes after the "easy" target and targets the people who don't hit other people with baseball bats, they go after the people who use the baseball bats the way they were designed to be used, for sports and recreation. So now the law abiding people have no baseball bats, if they don't turn in their bats then they become criminals, people who didn't break any laws to begin with are now criminals. Yet the actual criminals who hit people with bats still have their bats and continue to hit people with bats and even increase the number of people they beat with bats because they know that the VICTIMS don't have bats anymore. Every citizen of this country, whether they are gun owners or not, should very easily be able to see the HUGE flaw in the government's plan.

Sorry for the rant, in my head it flowed a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocker View Post
    The fact that we have a government in a democratic country that is trying to dis-arm a law abiding community, take away what people do for hobbies, for fun and for sport. Activities that bring people together, not drive them apart. Pastimes that get people out of the house and get them off their phones, T.V's and youtube. Enable them to be part of a community with similar interests and the joy that comes with that. I find it appalling and shameful. Our government is restricting our freedoms based on their OPINIONS, nothing to do with this ban is in any way based on facts. They are taking away law-abiding people's possessions because CRIMINALS use similar items to commit crime. Even to a simple minded person this makes absolutely no sense. Take the "scary" firearms out of the equation and substitute it for ANYTHING else and you see how ridiculous this is. Imagine if there was an increase in criminals using baseball bats in crime, using our government's mindset, we will require all baseball bats to be turned into police, all baseball games are to be canceled and little Johnny can't play little league anymore. Instead of going after the bad guys with the baseball bats, the government goes after the "easy" target and targets the people who don't hit other people with baseball bats, they go after the people who use the baseball bats the way they were designed to be used, for sports and recreation. So now the law abiding people have no baseball bats, if they don't turn in their bats then they become criminals, people who didn't break any laws to begin with are now criminals. Yet the actual criminals who hit people with bats still have their bats and continue to hit people with bats and even increase the number of people they beat with bats because they know that the VICTIMS don't have bats anymore. Every citizen of this country, whether they are gun owners or not, should very easily be able to see the HUGE flaw in the government's plan.

Sorry for the rant, in my head it flowed a lot better.
    You are another victim of the severe fear mongering that is used without restreint on CGN, the tolerance on this is huge.

Being aware of possible change is ok but announcing the end of times is an abberation.

We pushed them to a stop last summer with the AR frenzy, we will do it again if we stop bitching each other.

United we stand, divided we fall. Let's not let inter divisional spats, be our defining moment.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    You are another victim of the severe fear mongering that is used without restreint on CGN, the tolerance on this is huge.

Being aware of possible change is ok but announcing the end of times is an abberation.

We pushed them to a stop last summer with the AR frenzy, we will do it again if we stop bitching each other.
    I apologize if I came across as fear mongering, that was not my intent. Personally I feel that we will come out on top of this and that the Liberals will fail in taking my rights and freedoms. I was just trying to show that when firearms are substituted with another object, the true ignorance of our government is displayed. I have used the baseball bat reference a few times when discussing this with people that were pro-ban and it opened their eyes to the fact that the actual idea of not allowing law abiding citizens to possess something because NON law abiding citizens use these items in criminal acts is laughable. A lot of non-gun people just shutdown when guns are mentioned because they've been programmed to be scared of them and don't understand why people need them. Taking the guns out of the argument and replacing it with bat or knife or hair dryer or red car, allows them to see the stupidity of the government's plan.
    Last edited by GlockRocker; 01-18-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Sp

Every citizen of this country, whether they are gun owners or not, should very easily be able to see the HUGE flaw in the government's plan.
    This has always been the plan.

What most dont think about is that many of those that are involved in gun crime are part of gangs and based on what I see its fair to say that a percentage of those people are in Canada due to the governments policy of open borders and "diversity is our strength"

So the irony is that some of the very people the pro immigration government have let come into the country are now involved in high profile illegal gun crime which we often see in the big cities and as a result law abiding citizens are going to have their legally held possessions which many use for sporting purpose confiscated (I speak as someone in that boat).

Think about that for a second. The government created this mess with their policies (lax immigration laws which I personally am against - and to be clear I say that as a fairly recent immigrant myself) and now they plan to take away your gun rights to please those who put value in virtue signalling without any mention of addressing the actual problem (gangs).

Its madness but if you look at the overall picture in the world today regarding guns and the direction things are moving in its part of a bigger agenda and has zero to do with crime.

Every citizen of this country, whether they are gun owners or not, should very easily be able to see the HUGE flaw in the government's plan.
    As I have said before most citizens in this country don't care. They would rather let the 1% who do care do something about it that get off their collective laze azzes and do something about it thenselves. It's a lot easier to be legislated to death and say not my problem while assuming the dropped soap position.
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Most people associate guns with crime so when they see a ban they automatically agree because guns=bad.
    CCFR/NFA

I apologize if I came across as fear mongering, that was not my intent. Personally I feel that we will come out on top of this and that the Liberals will fail in taking my rights and freedoms. I was just trying to show that when firearms are substituted with another object, the true ignorance of our government is displayed. I have used the baseball bat reference a few times when discussing this with people that were pro-ban and it opened their eyes to the fact that the actual idea of not allowing law abiding citizens to possess something because NON law abiding citizens use these items in criminal acts is laughable. A lot of non-gun people just shutdown when guns are mentioned because they've been programmed to be scared of them and don't understand why people need them. Taking the guns out of the argument and replacing it with bat or knife or hair dryer or red car, allows them to see the stupidity of the government's plan.
    Fair enough , i understand.

My point concerning fear mongering is real. When i was told that i only had 3% of chance of surviving my cancer, a couple of person i knew were negative toward my sickness.

At times i needed full positivism, the negativity did intice me in a real fear of dying thus the fear mongering.

I have told these peoples to leave my house and come back when i am cured, at that minute i decided i would survive,

Fear mongering is a lot worst and damaging than fear itself. Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast