Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: KRG Bravo 10/22!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx guys for the replies.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN frequent flyer speedjunkiesracing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine View Post
    Thats going to be sweet!

I scored the black one GBT listed and went and bought a new VLEH target tactical and now a used kidd single stage to drop in it. Super excited.
    I wanted a VLEH and a Kidd trigger. Couldn't find a VLEH.
    Settled on the Target light.
    The Toecutter, He knows who I am

Handled that version. Super nice and threaded too. Does it shoot? Looks to be the same version krg put in their stock for the product oics. Looks good.

Well I'm trying to upload photos but both photobucket and imgur are a no go. Any other ideas? I'm on mobile only.

Last edited by supernova; 01-05-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Imgur worked for me. Give it another go?
    Last edited by BigGreenMachine; 01-05-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Imgur use the BBCode and picture will show. No link to click

Last edited by speedjunkiesracing; 01-05-2021 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkiesracing View Post
    Imgur use the BBCode and picture will show. No link to click

The screen I get is different (Android OS) and my options are to simply copy the url. If you hit reply with quote on my post (#44) you can see I've pasted the url they give into the IMG code but it is not displaying the image for some reason. I purchased a team membership and will upload that way once I'm up and running with that.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Alright, things appear to be working here. So a few things to note. I've installed the toolless buttpad adjuster, KRG rubber recoil pad, an extra LOP spacer and the butt hook insert from my R700 Bravo buttstock. None of these are included with the 10/22 Bravo.

What you get out of the box is a .750" spacer and the screws to install it with the thin plastic buttpad that I forgot to get pics of. Unless you are setting the rifle up for a kid then atleast grab some extra spacers and preferably a rubber pad for better purchase. I wish KRG hadn't gone with such a short LOP but once their toolless LOP adjuster comes out it will be a non-issue.

The fullsize Bravo parts fit with the exception of the supplied screws for the .750" spacer are too short for use with the rubber pad.

The magwell is an area that needs improvement. Although it has a nice flare to it, it has a gap between the plastic forend and aluminum chassis that causes mags to hang up if not inserted perfectly straight. I'll be filling this area with epoxy to make a smooth transition. I hope KRG will fix this issue as it will be a major achilles heel of this stock especially for those shooting timed matches. Magazines do insert smoothly if inserted straight and drop free no problem.

As for the rest it is very similar to the centerfire Bravo with the exception of the 1 piece stock and shorter butt. There are less accessories included in the box, most likely to keep pricing as low as possible. My R700 Bravo included 3 LOP spacers, a short pic rail, a standard sling swivel for the forend and a QD swivel socket for the rear. The 10/22 Bravo only includes a single .750" spacer and standard swivel. It did however come with a nice book of targets. I'll get some pictures of them when I get to the range.

Overall I'm liking it so far. I just noticed I didn't get pictures of the rear of the aluminum chassis as this will be of interest to some. The chassis extends all the way to the pistol grip and is milled for a rear tang. The rearmost bolt attaching the chassis to the stock will be used with the tang. If I'm not mistaken this is for the Kidd tang. I'm not familiar with all the options for 10/22 receiver tangs so I'm not sure if it's a few proprietary offerings or a standardized thing.

I apologize for the crappy pics, the lighting wasn't great. I'll get some better ones at the range and update once I've shot the rifle some.

Name:  20210104_201103.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  20210104_201248.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  20210104_201258.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  20210104_201331.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  20210104_201417.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  20210104_201452.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  20210104_201548.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  20210104_202015.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  113.0 KB

Nice review and what a sweet setup! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Alright, things appear to be working here. So a few things to note. I've installed the toolless buttpad adjuster, KRG rubber recoil pad, an extra LOP spacer and the butt hook insert from my R700 Bravo buttstock. None of these are included with the 10/22 Bravo.

What you get out of the box is a .750" spacer and the screws to install it with the thin plastic buttpad that I forgot to get pics of. Unless you are setting the rifle up for a kid then atleast grab some extra spacers and preferably a rubber pad for better purchase. I wish KRG hadn't gone with such a short LOP but once their toolless LOP adjuster comes out it will be a non-issue.

The fullsize Bravo parts fit with the exception of the supplied screws for the .750" spacer are too short for use with the rubber pad.

The magwell is an area that needs improvement. Although it has a nice flare to it, it has a gap between the plastic forend and aluminum chassis that causes mags to hang up if not inserted perfectly straight. I'll be filling this area with epoxy to make a smooth transition. I hope KRG will fix this issue as it will be a major achilles heel of this stock especially for those shooting timed matches. Magazines do insert smoothly if inserted straight and drop free no problem.
    Thanks for the info.
    I will see about 3d printing a spacer to epoxy in the magwell.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast