Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2020: Brownells BRN-180 Pistol Updated with new pics

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Did I see correctly that there is no hole for the buffer in the new lower? Any potential for NR status because of that? Any AR lower would fit but wouldn't function...

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    Did I see correctly that there is no hole for the buffer in the new lower? Any potential for NR status because of that? Any AR lower would fit but wouldn't function...
    It’s still an AR lower though regardless.

The SIG MCX is the same deal,but it’s still restricted
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    If it fits on a standard AR15 lower reciever, it's an AR15 upper. If it's an AR15 upper, anything it fits on is an AR15 lower. Restricted.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Because it’s not a cookie cutter AR.

It’s short stroke piston driven,no buffer assembly needed,can be fired with the stock folded,or used without a stock period,it’s also got a built in gas switch so those who can use suppressors can easily switch between a suppressed gas setting,and non suppressed gas setting.
    Short stroke piston gas systems are *very* popular nowadays because of the reduced fowling in the BCG, I'm pretty sure there are even conversion kits out for DI guns. So that doesn't set it apart as much as one may think. About all it's got going for it is the folding stock, which few other ar-style guns have. Sig has their MCX and there are some canadian offerings that can do it. However a folding stock, for me doesn't set it apart enough. Personal opinion, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed The 3rd View Post
    Short stroke piston gas systems are *very* popular nowadays because of the reduced fowling in the BCG, I'm pretty sure there are even conversion kits out for DI guns. So that doesn't set it apart as much as one may think. About all it's got going for it is the folding stock, which few other ar-style guns have. Sig has their MCX and there are some canadian offerings that can do it. However a folding stock, for me doesn't set it apart enough. Personal opinion, of course!

Ok,don’t buy it!

An updated AR-180 design that have a lot of parts in common with AR's and a reasonably priced piston upper?

Yeah, what is there not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    An updated AR-180 design that have a lot of parts in common with AR's and a reasonably priced piston upper?

Yeah, what is there not to love?
    People just don’t like the restricted status that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    People just don’t like the restricted status that’s all.
    Not a problem you and I need to worry about

CGN Regular
    If these come to Canada I will take one immediately. Short stroke piston that fits on an ar lower Ill take it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SuKKlM_I3c
    [youtube]7SuKKlM_I3c[/youtube]

This video shows off the bufferless receiver with folding stock.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast