Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2020: Sig Sauer Cross Rifle

Boy do I want one of these. It looks like it will make a great all round hunting/prs rig.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 7.62mm's Avatar
    I'd buy that rifle!
    Join CSSA Call 1-888-873-4339 for info!
    Join CCFR https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

Yup, I can see this freeing up a lot of space in the safe. Nice do all rifle.

CGN frequent flyer
    Looks like they are going after the RPR to me.
    Also looks like they kinda missed the boat if they are after PRS. The forend doesn't look like it's intended for PRS, but hopefully can add ARCA rail.
    Any policy is a success by sufficiently low standards, and a failure by sufficiently high standards.

A high post count means nothing… A high burned out barrel count means everything…

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    I cant see this appealing to many hunters, maybe predator/hog hunters. Its like the Benelli M4, how many guys upland hunters hunt with it even though its a sweet shotgun. That being said Id buy one !!!
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    Looks like they are going after the RPR to me.
    Also looks like they kinda missed the boat if they are after PRS. The forend doesn't look like it's intended for PRS, but hopefully can add ARCA rail.
    I don't believe Sig made this rifle for PRS shooters. It's designed for the same crowds that are buying the Q The Fix rifle.

Mostly, hunters wanting a modular modern day rifle that's light.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
    I don't believe Sig made this rifle for PRS shooters. It's designed for the same crowds that are buying the Q The Fix rifle.

Mostly, hunters wanting a modular modern day rifle that's light.
    Yuuup. Lots already hunt with precision style rifles.

It has to be NR for me. I was hoping to get a 308 at some stage but if only the 6.5 can squeak by as nr then maybe its a sign to try that. Even though its not intended as a prs gun, i can see the why some are bringing up the rpr. Ive considered a 20" in 308 as a kind of do it all rifle that is a bolt and has a 10 round mag. Its fairly heavy though which can be an issue and ultimately not designed for it. The cross would fill that gap no doubt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    I think they looks great. I'd def buy one of those if NR.
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    At 6.5lbs I don't this this is intended as or would make a good PRS rifle, if's that is what you want get a T3x CTR and drop it in a KRG bravo chassis, mush better for a PRS rifle at the same price.

I think this is for guys that like chassis rifles and want to hunt with them but don't want the weight of most chassis.

Sig got a lot right on this rifle in my opinion:
    Light (6.5lbs)
    Fully adjustable, butt pad even has height and cant adjustment
    Switch barrel
    Sub 1/2moa accuracy
    Folding stock
    Nice two stage trigger(I've heard from people I trust, obviously have tried one)

Only thing I would want to see is a 3 position safety or even like the Tikkas and the bolt locked when on safe. Yes I realize the stock folds over the bolt but I cant see me carrying it while hunting with the stock folded. In most situations where I would have the stock folded It would be unloaded(transport, storage, etc)

All that said, it might be my hunting rifle next season...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast