Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2020: Sig Sauer Cross Rifle

SHOT SHOW 2020: Sig Sauer Cross Rifle

Sig Sauer has taken out a new floor area just for the Cross, and it looks like Sig is serious about getting into the hunting market.

First thing,the rifle is very light and compact. Yes, the dust cover is gone. The aluminium receiver "half chassis" is visually appealing and the ambi- AR fire control switch speaks to the current AR generation of people The folding stock needs to be unlocked in both folding and unfolding, unlike the MCX, with a spring load cheek piece locked by a lever. The bolt lift is not too heavy, but I did feel a bit of roughness ( spoiled by exposure to Cadex demo rifles ). The trigger is very good for a factory rifle. The only thing I don't like is having mag release within the trigger guard, for the trigger finger to push to release.

Talked to a few reps, barrel switch should not be rocket science. Judging by the aluminium receiver, most like the barrel has an extension for the bolt lock up, just like the AR. It is likely your favorite barrel manufacturers will come up with barrels for this platform if the platform does take off. 20 MOA and full length rails will be available, so people can put on their clip on Thermal.

On the subject of 227 Sig Fury, it seems that no one can really comment on barrel life. The official line seems to be that for a hunting rifle, it is more than enough. Going over to the military side and asking the same question, the answer is equally ambiguous. More on this in the next thread on NSGW. It appears to me Sig is pushing this mainly as a hunting rifle, any tactical application is really up to the users and not the factory's intention.

Name:  CrossA.jpg
Views: 4027
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  CrossB.jpg
Views: 4025
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  CrossC.jpg
Views: 4031
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  CrossD.jpg
Views: 4046
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  CrossE.jpg
Views: 4018
Size:  79.0 KB

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Sig Sauer has taken out a new floor area just for the Cross, and it looks like Sig is serious about getting into the hunting market.

First thing,the rifle is very light and compact. Yes, the dust cover is gone. The aluminium receiver "half chassis" is visually appealing and the ambi- AR fire control switch speaks to the current AR generation of people The folding stock needs to be unlocked in both folding and unfolding, unlike the MCX, with a spring load cheek piece locked by a lever. The bolt lift is not too heavy, but I did feel a bit of roughness ( spoiled by exposure to Cadex demo rifles ). The trigger is very good for a factory rifle. The only thing I don't like is having mag release within the trigger guard, for the trigger finger to push to release.

Talked to a few reps, barrel switch should not be rocket science. Judging by the aluminium receiver, most like the barrel has an extension for the bolt lock up, just like the AR. It is likely your favorite barrel manufacturers will come up with barrels for this platform if the platform does take off. 20 MOA and full length rails will be available, so people can put on their clip on Thermal.

On the subject of 227 Sig Fury, it seems that no one can really comment on barrel life. The official line seems to be that for a hunting rifle, it is more than enough. Going over to the military side and asking the same question, the answer is equally ambiguous. More on this in the next thread on NSGW. It appears to me Sig is pushing this mainly as a hunting rifle, any tactical application is really up to the users and not the factory's intention.

Name:  CrossA.jpg
Views: 4027
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  CrossB.jpg
Views: 4025
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  CrossC.jpg
Views: 4031
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  CrossD.jpg
Views: 4046
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  CrossE.jpg
Views: 4018
Size:  79.0 KB
    What a beauty! Thanks for the pics and the report.

CGN Regular
    These will be sweet, especially if you can barrel swap
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

CGN frequent flyer
    interesting they're pitching it for hunting, one would think if it's MOA or better would be good for PRS style
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    interesting they're pitching it for hunting, one would think if it's MOA or better would be good for PRS style
    PRS will want heavy guns and long barrel to get more velocity. I can see this as a light tactical system for LE application.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Is the gun operational with the stock folded. Looks like the stock needs to be extended to operate the bolt. Will the gun meet our overall length requirements with a 16” barrel?

Super GunNutz
    Kinda sad they did away with the dust cover. But i still want one in 6.5cm

BANNED
    I'd love one of these for recreational Medium range shooting and hunting. Very appealing aesthetically as well.

[youtube]ZlRtACUtEGw[/youtube]
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

This is the rifle I need

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast