Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shot show 2020: Spypoint cell-link

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    I wonder how long these will be legal? In BC they're already looking to ban them. Some states you aren't allowed any trail cams during hunting season...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Also how can this work without a subscription or anything? Does it take a SIM card and require a phone line connected to it or something? I'm confused as to how it works...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Also how can this work without a subscription or anything? Does it take a SIM card and require a phone line connected to it or something? I'm confused as to how it works...
    It comes with a SIM. So the base plan is free 100 pics a month.
    Your first month comes with the better plan and then down to the base.
    That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there!

George Orwell

I bought one of these from Cabelas about a year ago and was really disappointed. I set it up in my backyard before bringing it anywhere to see how it works. Bought some lithium Energizers and it burned through $15 worth of batteries in one day to take 15 pictures, then went dead. I called support and they suggested buying more batteries. Cabelas gave me my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinCalgary View Post
    I bought one of these from Cabelas about a year ago and was really disappointed. I set it up in my backyard before bringing it anywhere to see how it works. Bought some lithium Energizers and it burned through $15 worth of batteries in one day to take 15 pictures, then went dead. I called support and they suggested buying more batteries. Cabelas gave me my money back.
    Hello Mike.

Are you talking about a different product?
    This has not yet been released.
    That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there!

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    Hello Mike.

Are you talking about a different product?
    This has not yet been released.
    This is the one I used. Spypoint Link https://www.cabelas.ca/product/98502...r-trail-camera

Cheers

Mike

That is a very different system.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    That is a very different system.
    True, further, I have one of the micro links. It has taken 432 pics in the last month and has used 23% of its battery life to do so. Last week the temps were below -30 the entire week and it kept going.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12