Thread: CFC does not require a phone interview?

CFC does not require a phone interview?

I've been tracking my application online, allowing for a couple weeks to go by before calling the CFC to volunteer my phone application, and hopefully expedite the application process. My application was received Jan 6th, 2020 and the current status online is as follows:

Current Status: Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date.

After a day of not being able to reach anyone at the CFC (the call automatically disconnects after being advised their call volumes are too high), I finally spoke to someone this afternoon. I advised I'm calling to complete my phone interview, and to confirm my file number, so my references may call in to complete their interviews as well. The officer advised that they do not require a phone interview from me or my references at this time. He advised we will be called or be sent mail, to request an interview, if it is required.

Has anyone else experienced this? It was my understanding they call every applicant for an interview, or is that not the case? Maybe its just too soon in the process to complete the interview? It seems redundant to have to call me back for a phone interview, when I'm currently on the phone with you.
    Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    The RCMP is far to busy carrying bags at the border to be making Phone calls and checking references.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

If you get an interview you were most likely flagged. If you have no interaction with police your entire life, no interview....
    D SQUADRON

You waited 11years to submit your app?
    D SQUADRON

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    You waited 11years to submit your app?
    Hahaha I was waiting for this to come up. I grew up shooting in the range with my Dad and didn't have a need to own any firearms myself, or go shooting without him. But now that I'm older, its definitely a hobby I'd like to keep doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    If you get an interview you were most likely flagged. If you have no interaction with police your entire life, no interview....
    Good to know, thanks for the insight JD. I assumed everyone, no matter the history, had to be questioned.