Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2020: Cool things from SHOT Self Defense Keychains

I ordered these from the states once. Never made it through...
    There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him Robert Heinlein
    Do you think an RPG-armed drone could stop a bear? - Papaclaude

Quote Originally Posted by safehunter View Post
    I ordered these from the states once. Never made it through...
    Because they want you 100% defenceless. You aren’t allowed a single thing in Canada that has the express purpose of protecting yourself from other people. Those in our society who are vulnerable, (women, the elderly, the disabled) only can avoid “dangerous areas” and hope they are not targeted by the evil among us. God forbid we ever give people something that could help level the field against an attacker.

Knowing my luck I would have that in my pocket and I would jab myself in the leg when I trip over my own feet.

This is the kind of stupid stuff that will get you jailtime from a bar fight as instead of punching someone in the face you snd just engage in normal rowdy behavior that would get you a night in jail at worst, you will truly injure them for life because of the spikes. Maybe one with no spikes would be ok.If you would not punch someone in the face in the first place it will probably be used against you . Its a cute gadget but when you start thinking about it, you do not want to use something like that. Use your fists, or a knife but this does bot solve any problems.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    The way it's being held in the picture would necessitate a kind of clawing action to be used to be effective. It was all the way over the middle knuckle joint, it doesn't look like something I'd take a full power punch with. Only having part of the hand engaging it would probably injure your hand.

The cool one being handed out to people that you can bring home no problem at all was on the 5th floor I believe it was.

Zero issues bringing this item back home through customs, perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by OR4NGE View Post
    This is the kind of stupid stuff that will get you jailtime from a bar fight as instead of punching someone in the face you snd just engage in normal rowdy behavior that would get you a night in jail at worst, you will truly injure them for life because of the spikes. Maybe one with no spikes would be ok.If you would not punch someone in the face in the first place it will probably be used against you . Its a cute gadget but when you start thinking about it, you do not want to use something like that. Use your fists, or a knife but this does bot solve any problems.
    When I tried to import one, it was for a friends daughter; a little girl who isn't so little anymore. You may be right for you, and most rowdy bar fighting men, but there's a market for and a need for these. Most girls won't carry a knife, but wouldn't object to a pink kitty keychain.
    There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him Robert Heinlein
    Do you think an RPG-armed drone could stop a bear? - Papaclaude

The brass knuckle bottle opener will get you charged, as it is a prohibited weapon by definition. Specifically, it would clearly fall into this prohib weapons order: “The device known as “Brass Knuckles” and any similar device consisting of a band of metal with one or more finger holes designed to fit over the fingers of the hand.”

The stupid plastic cat would likely be legal though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    The brass knuckle bottle opener will get you charged, as it is a prohibited weapon by definition. Specifically, it would clearly fall into this prohib weapons order: “The device known as “Brass Knuckles” and any similar device consisting of a band of metal with one or more finger holes designed to fit over the fingers of the hand.”

The stupid plastic cat would likely be legal though.
    [sigh] it's right there in your quote - _metal_. The bottle opener is polymer - i.e. plastic and not prohibited. Site sponsors are selling all kinds of polymer knuckles right here in Canada - legal by virtue of not being metal.

5 minutes in your favourite CAD program and you could have a model to 3D print...in plastic

I made a plastic set of knuckles years ago, added small hooks to the sides of them to allow you to hook plastic grocery bags on to assist carrying them.

ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast