Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2020: New Remingtons, short Model 7 and a 700 in 300 Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Figured it out the 12.5" barreled 700 CP in 308 without butt stock is 21.75" OAL means with an adjustable butt stock it would have to be at least 10" longer making it a non restricted long gun.

The 223 and 300 Blackout have 10.5" barrels OAL is 20.81" without butt stock.
    Wouldn't the overall length, with the stock collapsed, have to be 26" to make it Non-Restricted? A standard buffer tube would accomplish that.
    Justice is against the law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Figured it out the 12.5" barreled 700 CP in 308 without butt stock is 21.75" OAL means with an adjustable butt stock it would have to be at least 10" longer making it a non restricted long gun.

The 223 and 300 Blackout have 10.5" barrels OAL is 20.81" without butt stock.
    Did you find out an MSRP while you were sleuthing? Or weight? I was going to comment about how that model 7 looks sweet but a 12.5" barrel is intriguing.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I’m reading 21.75” on the remington site without the pistol brace. If that’s right by adding a ar style stock of any kind will make it legal. A a2 style stock would be great

1020$ msrp

CGN Regular
    I love my Rem 722 .300 sav. I'd like to see a Rem model 7 in .300 sav. 18" barrel

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    The Rem 700 CP will be coming in as non restricted rifle with a Magpul stock. Unfortunately offered only in 223 and 308 initially. Expected delivery in the summer.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I went to the Remington site to check out the lengths etc.

https://www.remington.com/handguns/700-cp
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Centre View Post
    The Rem 700 CP will be coming in as non restricted rifle with a Magpul stock. Unfortunately offered only in 223 and 308 initially. Expected delivery in the summer.
    I'm interested in the 308 first would the Magpul stock be a special shortened forend model or is the standard stock short enough.

I'm not sure that I want a Magpul stock for this little cannon I really like the look of it with the brace stock setup.

I have two of the OD green Magpul Hunter 700 stocks on my sa Rem 700 LTR in 6.8SPC and la Rem 700 XCR 11 in 25-06 and really like them.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Sorry to be more clear it will be a Magpul CTR stock.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer venture7004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 68 View Post
    Hmm, that .300 savage has my attention.
    I had a Remington 760 in 300 savage and it was super accurate. probably the best accuracy of any gun i have ever owned. (except perhaps my 17 hmrs which are all literal tack drivers).
    I never owned a bolt 700. This one has my attention.
    Any posts made as venture7004 are performance art / satire.

"I would rather live next to Jesus than Muhammad."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast