Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 CP .308 Win Bolt Action Pistol 12.5 Threaded Barrel Non-restricted ???

CGN Regular
    I checked with iRun and the email I got back says this model is classed as restricted. Didn't get clarification as to why, I suspect the RCMP saw that it says pistol on the box.

Edit: got confirmation, FRT got stamped as pistol.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy-187 View Post
    This wouldnt be restricted as long as it meets the overall length requirements. And i want one!
    Remember OAL requirements for NR firearms do not apply, so long as (A) the gun cannot be fired when reduced to less than minimum length "by means of a folding or telescoping stock", and (B) the firearm is not "sawed-off or otherwise altered" to below minimum length.

The Rossi Ranch Hands have a 24" overall length and are still NR, because Rossi calls them rifles, AND they do technically have a "stock" which further reinforces their claim that the Ranch Hand is indeed a rifle.

I believe the damning factor here will be that Remington has called this a "pistol" though, which sets a different precedent...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    I checked with iRun and the email I got back says this model is classed as restricted. Didn't get clarification as to why, I suspect the RCMP saw that it says pistol on the box.

Calgary Shooting Center has announced that they are bringing them in with a MagPul buttstock. They will be arriving this summer. Non-restricted.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Calgary Shooting Center has announced that they are bringing them in with a MagPul buttstock. They will be arriving this summer. Non-restricted.
    I just saw that

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post16634555

though if the FRT already got stamped with pistol and R they might have a hard time delivering on that. Fingers crossed.

Super Moderator
    There is the Mare's Leg precedent - handgun in the US, n-r long gun here.
    Maybe the same with this 700 - handgun in US with arm brace (which is not legally a buttstock in the US), n-r long gun here with MagPul buttstock.

Along these lines, I've been sitting on a couple of XP100 barrels and a M600 action. Could be used to make up a very compact carbine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeelliot's Avatar
    Oh damn. I want

We will reach out to SSFS on Monday to inquire about a rifle status should the overall length be 26". The Manufacturer sells that firearm in the US as a Bolt action Pistol and as such the RCMP most likely followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    We will reach out to SSFS on Monday to inquire about a rifle status should the overall length be 26". The Manufacturer sells that firearm in the US as a Bolt action Pistol and as such the RCMP most likely followed suit.
    If you guys get this sorted as NR, let me know. I want it and I will buy it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I want in 308 Win but also would look at getting a 223 if these carbines are nonrestricted...
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

BANNED
    Yup I want one in 308. I'm surprised it took this long for them to get attention they have been around a while.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast