Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 CP .308 Win Bolt Action Pistol 12.5 Threaded Barrel Non-restricted ???

CGN Regular
    I'd love to have access to just the short Remington built barrel so we can swap existing R700's. Half go in a chassis which takes AICS mags anyways. But this thing is exactly what I'm trying to obtain by modifying an SPS Varmint.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Oal was already known, the issue is the RCMP has labelled them restricted probably based on the original no-brace model that is specifically advertised as a pistol.

We need this decision corrected which is what irun and at least one other retailer is working on. I wouldn't say we're good to go until we get NR confirmation from an official source.
    The RCMP are not the be all end all. The rifle with a buffer tube and stock meets NR length requirements as per the law. End of story. It's nice to have their "blessing" but not needed in this case IMO.

Heck id import as restricted and then have a verifier verify OAL to the RCMP to change class, it's not rocket science. I suspect we will have word from retailers soon that's it's good to go anyways.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

Drool! Def. the set up I'd go for!

BANNED
    Has the RCMP graced you with an answer yet IRG?

CGN Regular
    GA has announced they are bringing in an NR version, the only difference seems to be that it's equipped with a magpul stock. I can't imagine they would announce it if they didn't have a hard confirmation from the RCMP so this one is definitely getting weirder that there's any reason to be. #JustRCMPBureaucracyThings

BANNED
    GA has announced they are bringing in an NR version, the only difference seems to be that it's equipped with a magpul stock. I can't imagine they would announce it if they didn't have a hard confirmation from the RCMP so this one is definitely getting weirder that there's any reason to be. #JustRCMPBureaucracyThings
    Yup.

We should or hopefully will have an answer for everyone tomorrow, Carolyn is on it. Remington will offer these in 308, 6.5, 300, and 223 for those who have inquired.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Mags are limited by what they were designed for, not what they fit. As a competition shooter you should be well aware of that. Any magazine that has more than 5 rounds and fits the rem 700 would by definition have to be designed to fit a manual action long gun.

When beretta released the cx4 or kriss the vector pistol mags didn't get limited to 5 rounds.

Stop being an alarmist. No one likes a negative nelly.
    But yet there are no more Ruger 10-22 magazines over 10 rounds being brought into the country and hi-point pistol mags are limited to 5 because the carbine was brought in first, their are clear precedents going both ways thanks to the RCMP "rulings"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspectacles View Post
    But yet there are no more Ruger 10-22 magazines over 10 rounds being brought into the country and hi-point pistol mags are limited to 5 because the carbine was brought in first, their are clear precedents going both ways thanks to the RCMP "rulings"
    Those are semi autos.

But we all know there is not much logic to the RCMP rulings.

CGN Regular
    RCMP draggin heels today?