Thread: Sniper Mosin Nagant available

Expired Business Member

Sniper Mosin Nagant available

We have some sniper Mosin Nagant available and in stock.
    Link here
    Also, we have some ex-snipers available.

Hi there, new to Mosin Nagants.
    What are the differences between Ex snipers and the regular ones.

Also, are these Mosin nagant snipers conversions or are they original original (like have proper stamps/serials, and scope well). I am interested in these, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lien View Post
    Hi there, new to Mosin Nagants.
    What are the differences between Ex snipers and the regular ones.
    Also, are these Mosin nagant snipers conversions or are they original original (like have proper stamps/serials, and scope well). I am interested in these, thank you.
    You can read in the website description that they have a reproduction scope and bolt handle. The stock indicates that they were refurbished after the war. Otherwise, they look pretty nice.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Ex-snipers were put back into regular 91/30 configuration by replacing bolt with bent handle back to a straight one. They also plugged/welded the scope mount holes on the receiver and ground them down. An ex sniper will have an additional serial # on the top of the left receiver wall. Sometimes its crossed out or ground off. Sometimes not.

Thanks for the tip, based off their website can u tell which ads are ex-sniper variants? All the 'sniper' models are the same price. I wouldnt want to be paying for a conversion-but for the real deal.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lien View Post
    Thanks for the tip, based off their website can u tell which ads are ex-sniper variants? All the 'sniper' models are the same price. I wouldnt want to be paying for a conversion-but for the real deal.
    For a real deal, you would be looking close to 2k. The original PU scope, of which there are many repros, costs around 1k and Im not even sure we have any in Canada.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    the repro's are generally stock issue Mosin 91/30's with modification for a repro-mount and scope. My scope was made in the 50's in Russia and the mount is true to the original. Accuracy was oh hum until I started shooting the PRC surplus from the first crate I opened and WOW! that is one accurate rifle with that ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    are these the ones you guys build yourselves?
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    For a real deal, you would be looking close to 2k. The original PU scope, of which there are many repros, costs around 1k and Im not even sure we have any in Canada.
    There is an original PU scope with an original mount on ee for 500-550

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    There is an original PU scope with an original mount on ee for 500-550
    I only see one ad. How do you know it is original? There is only one picture there. You cant see all the markings. You'd have to see the scope from all sides to determine authenticity.

When these rifles just showed up in Canada 15-20 years ago or so, bunch of retailers had them and they were advertised as ALL AUTHENTIC (suggesting war time) but pictures dont lie. I dont think these retailers even knew what they were selling.
    Il messanger non è importante