CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Win a CZ Shadow 2 9mm at SFRC

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by 604buddy View Post
    Yikes. You win anything yet?
    Cadex CDX R7 Shepherd Lite Comp 338 Lapua
    BCL102 First Gen
    Troy Northern Guard AR15
    Excalibur crossbow

    In a few hours I'll be able to add a CZ shadow 2, derya MK12 and a sw686 7shot to the list

  2. #12
    CGN Regular Halguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpbob View Post
    Cadex CDX R7 Shepherd Lite Comp 338 Lapua
    BCL102 First Gen
    Troy Northern Guard AR15
    Excalibur crossbow

    In a few hours I'll be able to add a CZ shadow 2, derya MK12 and a sw686 7shot to the list

    Do you have a strategy when it comes to the # of tickets (ie. giving yourself a 25% chance), or is it just based on how much you want to win the gun?

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Halguy View Post
    Do you have a strategy when it comes to the # of tickets (ie. giving yourself a 25% chance), or is it just based on how much you want to win the gun?
    I was buying more for the guns I wanted more, but after a didn't win with 5 entries on a 16 entry draw, I'm doing 1 per draw that I want. Odds don't change statistically speaking. If there are 16 spots, and 1 draw, your odds are 1 in 16 no matter how many you buy.

    Also note, I haven't won anything in my past $1000 spent

  4. #14
    CGN Regular Halguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpbob View Post
    I was buying more for the guns I wanted more, but after a didn't win with 5 entries on a 16 entry draw, I'm doing 1 per draw that I want. Odds don't change statistically speaking. If there are 16 spots, and 1 draw, your odds are 1 in 16 no matter how many you buy.

    Also note, I haven't won anything in my past $1000 spent
    Really? Its been a while since statistics, but if its a 16 entry draw and you bought 5 tickets, isn't that a 5/16 (~30%) chance?

  5. #15
    GunNutz bcnorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    247
    You folks going to be doing this draw today?

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Halguy View Post
    Really? Its been a while since statistics, but if its a 16 entry draw and you bought 5 tickets, isn't that a 5/16 (~30%) chance?
    Nope. There's only 1 winner, so your odds are 1 in 16. Every potential number has the same chance of being pulled, and only 1 gets pulled. You can have 30% of the entries, but odds don't change. The only way to increase odds is to have each entry good for more than 1 draw

  7. #17
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    GTA, Ontario
    Posts
    3,261
    Come on 1 in 80 chance on this or that Marlin lever action. Good promotion

    Of course there is a math skill testing question....how hard are we going to test those match skills? Lol

  8. #18
    Sponsoring Business Chemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,286
    Quote Originally Posted by bcnorth View Post
    You folks going to be doing this draw today?
    We're just waiting for one person to send in an EMT then we will do the draw.

    Ryan

  9. #19
    CGN Regular sphen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto North
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpbob View Post
    Nope. There's only 1 winner, so your odds are 1 in 16. Every potential number has the same chance of being pulled, and only 1 gets pulled. You can have 30% of the entries, but odds don't change. The only way to increase odds is to have each entry good for more than 1 draw
    If there are only 16 tickets sold, and you bought 5, then you have a 31.25% chance of winning. Each ticket has a 6.25% chance of winning. So yes, there is only a 1 in 16 chance any given ticket is pulled, but an overall chance of 31% that it's one of yours.
    WTB: Surefire 300 Ultra

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Agreed.
    Probability vs odds

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •