Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Win a CZ Shadow 2 9mm at SFRC

Quote Originally Posted by 604buddy View Post
    Yikes. You win anything yet?
    Cadex CDX R7 Shepherd Lite Comp 338 Lapua
    BCL102 First Gen
    Troy Northern Guard AR15
    Excalibur crossbow

In a few hours I'll be able to add a CZ shadow 2, derya MK12 and a sw686 7shot to the list

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpbob View Post
    Cadex CDX R7 Shepherd Lite Comp 338 Lapua
    BCL102 First Gen
    Troy Northern Guard AR15
    Excalibur crossbow

In a few hours I'll be able to add a CZ shadow 2, derya MK12 and a sw686 7shot to the list

Do you have a strategy when it comes to the # of tickets (ie. giving yourself a 25% chance), or is it just based on how much you want to win the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Halguy View Post
    Do you have a strategy when it comes to the # of tickets (ie. giving yourself a 25% chance), or is it just based on how much you want to win the gun?
    I was buying more for the guns I wanted more, but after a didn't win with 5 entries on a 16 entry draw, I'm doing 1 per draw that I want. Odds don't change statistically speaking. If there are 16 spots, and 1 draw, your odds are 1 in 16 no matter how many you buy.

Also note, I haven't won anything in my past $1000 spent

I was buying more for the guns I wanted more, but after a didn't win with 5 entries on a 16 entry draw, I'm doing 1 per draw that I want. Odds don't change statistically speaking. If there are 16 spots, and 1 draw, your odds are 1 in 16 no matter how many you buy.

Also note, I haven't won anything in my past $1000 spent
    Really? Its been a while since statistics, but if its a 16 entry draw and you bought 5 tickets, isn't that a 5/16 (~30%) chance?

You folks going to be doing this draw today?

Quote Originally Posted by Halguy View Post
    Really? Its been a while since statistics, but if its a 16 entry draw and you bought 5 tickets, isn't that a 5/16 (~30%) chance?
    Nope. There's only 1 winner, so your odds are 1 in 16. Every potential number has the same chance of being pulled, and only 1 gets pulled. You can have 30% of the entries, but odds don't change. The only way to increase odds is to have each entry good for more than 1 draw

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Come on 1 in 80 chance on this or that Marlin lever action. Good promotion

Of course there is a math skill testing question....how hard are we going to test those match skills? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bcnorth View Post
    You folks going to be doing this draw today?
    We're just waiting for one person to send in an EMT then we will do the draw.

Ryan

Nope. There's only 1 winner, so your odds are 1 in 16. Every potential number has the same chance of being pulled, and only 1 gets pulled. You can have 30% of the entries, but odds don't change. The only way to increase odds is to have each entry good for more than 1 draw
    If there are only 16 tickets sold, and you bought 5, then you have a 31.25% chance of winning. Each ticket has a 6.25% chance of winning. So yes, there is only a 1 in 16 chance any given ticket is pulled, but an overall chance of 31% that it's one of yours.

Agreed.
    Probability vs odds

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast