Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

Haha that’s friggin neat. I want one in 223

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman338 View Post

Here's mine with a Tikka T3X action, 12.5" IBI in 308WIN.
    Nice to see what you built out of the chassis! Glad you out it to good use. Now I'm tempted to build something similar. Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I walked in at appr 10am they had one in stock was able to check it out.

Overall I'm impressed its not my favorite butt stock design the recoil pad is hard plastic.

It would have come home with me except I had forgotten my wallet at home where I hide it at night so I put it on hold.

I'm heading back tonight to pick it up...

Then over to my brothers to pick up 100 once fired 308 Win brass...

Thanks for checking, you are doing GunJesus' work.

Now just a matter of waiting to arrive at dealers and calls to go out I presume. Hopefully my .223 preorder is part of them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I've been thinking about how am I going to find data for short barreled 308 Win reloads.

I reload and shoot a 21" barreled T/C Contender carbine in 308 Bellm with 150gr bullets at 2620fps this is a cartridge that was designed specifically for T/C Contenders where 14" barrels are the norm these little single shot frames can not handle higher pressures like a bolt action can though.

I neck down 444 Marlin brass with 308 Win dies so basically it is a reduced velocity, longer neck, rimmed 308 Win.

Here is the link to the 308 Bellm reload data might help with these short barreled 308's yeah that's me in the picture with the 4x4 mule deer buck with my 21 Contender carbine.

I see he has IMR4350 data listed I was hoping to try RL17 so will use that data now remember these would be reduced loads for a bolt action 308 Win my 21" carbine loads are with IMR4064.

https://www.bellmtcs.com/blog/308-bellm-load-data/
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Saw one of these has arrived at a shop in Edmonton yesterday.
    I'm a huge supporter of gun control... everyone should have a steady grip and good trigger discipline.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Got it roughly zeroed this morning while I was up the local mtn running my dogs.

I did not see any deer this morning but a grouse decided to possibly become the first animal in Canada shot with these little carbines.

Shot was 50 yards basically cut the legs/back off and gutted it the breasts are perfect condition still.

I'm really liking this little carbine only thing I do not like is the curved trigger the way it sits in the chassis says straighter trigger.

<")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Got it roughly zeroed this morning while I was up the local mtn running my dogs.

I did not see any deer this morning but a grouse decided to possibly become the first animal in Canada shot with these little carbines.

Shot was 50 yards basically cut the legs/back off and gutted it the breasts are perfect condition still.

I'm really liking this little carbine only thing I do not like is the curved trigger the way it sits in the chassis says straighter trigger.

How was the loudness? Louder than a regualr rifle? And how heavy is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointdexter View Post
    How was the loudness? Louder than a regualr rifle? And how heavy is it?
    I am also interested as to how loud these units are. I checked one out at Cabelas yesterday and the action seemed a bit gritty. The magpul stock was also a b*tch to adjust. I really want to pick one up but would like to get some info on 100 yard groups before i commit.
    Member of the CCFR

Called Solely again, where I was just told that the RCMP still had not classified it, and they had not shipped to Canada. Learned a real lesson here.

CGN Regular
    Anyone know how much the 308 weighs? I'm having trouble finding that stat.