Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33434546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

BANNED
    Looks great!

The mdt skeleton stock is really nice, I recommend it.

I do like having the ability to collapse the stock, but Ill probably get a magpul ctr to replace the moe so I can use my qd sling.

BANNED
    Got it out today. Very happy with it. Seems there is only hike in shooting now around Calgary, but more exercise is good. Shot at 100, 200, and 300m in different shooting positions etc to challenge myself. I've gotten too bench dependent the last few years. A deer showed up so I got to test how the elcan would work for hunting (removed optic from rifle for the photo) and it will do very well.

What a great rifle!

300M:

Deer at 100m

100M:

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Got it out today. Very happy with it. Seems there is only hike in shooting now around Calgary, but more exercise is good. Shot at 100, 200, and 300m in different shooting positions etc to challenge myself. I've gotten too bench dependent the last few years. A deer showed up so I got to test how the elcan would work for hunting (removed optic from rifle for the photo) and it will do very well.

What a great rifle!

nice thanks for the pics
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular

What a great rifle!

300M:

Deer at 100m

100M:

Well done Sir! ��

Great pics! A big improvement with the rifle for me was moving to mags with metal feed lips. Not sure if anyone else experiences it, but my bolt rides against the feed lips pretty bad. Swapped out for MDT poly/metal mags and it feels good now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pif View Post
    Great pics! A big improvement with the rifle for me was moving to mags with metal feed lips. Not sure if anyone else experiences it, but my bolt rides against the feed lips pretty bad. Swapped out for MDT poly/metal mags and it feels good now!
    Ya I noticed that too. Might have to buy afew

Had a chance to try some different projectiles with D5744. I think this powder may be ideal as it has 100% burn rate in the 12.5" barrel, but need to scale back from max charges as most bullets don't like 60kpsi. Velocities were consistent, but I was all over the place. A MAX's grouped the best this time, and previously with D4895. Seems to like factory 150gr aguila stuff though, surprises me.

Speer 130gr avg 5 rounds 2660fps

GD M80 147gr avg 5 rounds 2419fps

Hornady A-MAX 168gr avg 5 rounds 2297fps

SMK 175gr avg 5 rounds 2246fps

Can provide charge details if needed, but really need more data before I can touch on accuracy. Mostly just testing my new chrono today.

BANNED
    Thanks for the info!

I'll be loading up 168s or 165s with d4895 as I have a lot of it

Thanks for the info!

I'll be loading up 168s or 165s with d4895 as I have a lot of it
    That's what I was using originally, unfortunately with all loads the best I could get with the short barrel is 12% powder wasted. My starting loads with it only had 78% powder burn.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Pif, how do you determine the percentage of powder burned?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.