Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3545474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

I noticed a couple pages back talk about comb height. Check these out for options.
    https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-buttstocks.html

BANNED
    Yup I was gonna go for a raps-c , but a good deal on a luth ar came up so I'm going with that. I'll post pics when I get it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carton775 View Post
    For the reasons you mentioned, I think it is best to set it up that way. The rifle is to short to go the other way in my opinion. But you know, it’s an easy thing to test, and see what fits best for you. Since this is my hunting rifle, the bipod only stays on it for range days. When it’s hunting season, I replace it for an angle foregrip.

Then it would make more sense to mount it with the legs folding to the front as per normal......so you can stack it for shooting off the bench. Wondering for a friend....
    joi gin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johNTO View Post
    [/B]

Then it would make more sense to mount it with the legs folding to the front as per normal......so you can stack it for shooting off the bench. Wondering for a friend....
    A harris type bipod where the legs don't lock will only work in one direction.... other bipods like an Atlas that lock it doesn't really make much difference as you could load it in either direction and the legs are supported the same way. The Magpull is stronger pushing in one direction as there is a limit to how far the legs rotate but there is also a detent that stops the legs from folding in the opposite direction that should be strong enough to support moderate forward "loading" of the bipod.

If you have a full rail on the bottom of the handguard or an M-lok bipod you could mount the magpull in either orientation by choosing a forward or reward mounting location and the bipod when folded would not extend much past the end of the barrel.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    A harris type bipod where the legs don't lock will only work in one direction.... other bipods like an Atlas that lock it doesn't really make much difference as you could load it in either direction and the legs are supported the same way. The Magpull is stronger pushing in one direction as there is a limit to how far the legs rotate but there is also a detent that stops the legs from folding in the opposite direction that should be strong enough to support moderate forward "loading" of the bipod.

If you have a full rail on the bottom of the handguard or an M-lok bipod you could mount the magpull in either orientation by choosing a forward or reward mounting location and the bipod when folded would not extend much past the end of the barrel.
    Well explained, thks!!

Getting ready for the hunting season. Took off the bipod and added an extended cheekrest, handstop, and rubber handguard covers to help with the cold

Has anyone done any reloads for this rifle yet? I loaded up some 150gn SSts with varget and will see how they shoot I'm fairly new to reloading but have heard SSTs tends to break apart at higher velocities. I'm hoping they will be a great hunting round for this rifle considering the short barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrblak77 View Post
    Has anyone done any reloads for this rifle yet? I loaded up some 150gn SSts with varget and will see how they shoot I'm fairly new to reloading but have heard SSTs tends to break apart at higher velocities. I'm hoping they will be a great hunting round for this rifle considering the short barrel.
    Yes, I've listed bullets and velocities and I think CampCook posted more data previously in this thread.

Does anyone have a solution to plug this little hold under the trigger? The edges annoy my finger over time if I'm not using gloves. ARs and 10/22s have rubber plugs for that space in some cases..

Has anyone heard of new .223 shipments coming?