CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38485051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 591

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

  1. #571
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,392
    The 5.56 is super barky with a 12.5 inch barrel, cannot image a .308.

  2. #572
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    92
    Where the money pit stands now. Just mocked up as I need a .5" longer muzzle device for oal to be over 26 collapsed. Rocking a Bushnell srms 1-8.5 in MDT rings. It's so beautiful
    YEA BABY!

  3. #573
    Newbie ARGUNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15
    Don't you need to weld the muzzle on in order for the muzzle to count towards the OAL of 26"? Pretty sure if the muzzle is removable, they measure from the crown of the barrel.

  4. #574
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,392
    Yes from the muzzle and rifled barrel.

  5. #575
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    34,437
    What counts for overall length isn't the same as barrel length.

    Would a removable recoil pad not count as part of overall length?

  6. #576
    Northern Mod Boomer686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Big Land
    Posts
    7,080
    Any more news n any of these coming in? Internet shows stocking dealers with no stock.....
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

    You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

  7. #577
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGUNGUY View Post
    Don't you need to weld the muzzle on in order for the muzzle to count towards the OAL of 26"? Pretty sure if the muzzle is removable, they measure from the crown of the barrel.
    No if it was a semi auto we would have to have an 18.5" barrel to be NR. For manual action firearms there is no legal barrel length requirement only OAL so muzzle devices count for OAL.

    You can thank our idiotic overlords for the confusing laws and rules we have to follow.
    Last edited by 212driller; 01-27-2022 at 02:57 PM.
    YEA BABY!

  8. #578
    Northern Mod Boomer686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Big Land
    Posts
    7,080
    Quote Originally Posted by 212driller View Post
    No if it was a semi auto we would have to have an 18.5" barrel to be NR. For manual action firearms there is no legal barrel length requirement only OAL so muzzle devices count for OAL.

    You can thank our idiotic overlords for the confusing laws and rules we have to follow.

    ???? I asked if there was any more stock incoming...... I'm well versed in the R/NR requirements and intricacies. That was never my question..... I think you quoted the wrong post.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

    You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

  9. #579
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    ???? I asked if there was any more stock incoming...... I'm well versed in the R/NR requirements and intricacies. That was never my question..... I think you quoted the wrong post.
    My mistake I'm quoting random stuff apparently? Lol
    YEA BABY!

  10. #580
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    Yes from the muzzle and rifled barrel.
    This is true for barrel length, not true for overall length.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •