Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2939414243444546474849505152535455565759 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

Quote Originally Posted by Fingbanger View Post
    Ok seriously. I’ve had my pre order on this for a year with CRAFM. Any new word on delivery. I see above that someone said last quarter of 2021. I’m getting bitchy.
    I doubt it, I don't think anything has come out of the Ilion plant since they went under.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingbanger View Post
    Ok seriously. I’ve had my pre order on this for a year with CRAFM. Any new word on delivery. I see above that someone said last quarter of 2021. I’m getting bitchy.
    Pop a Midol and hunker down. Things aren't moving very fast or that matter haven't for some time now . The restructuring and then fabrication then distribution is going to take time . But you never know maybe there were some that never got out for shipping they may pop up in small batches. I did read that Rem did liquidate pallets of current stocks befor they chapter out .
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    From what I have read when the bankruptcy happened there were pallets of them ready to be shipped.

So be patient
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I haven't reloaded for my 308 Win yet but from everything I've read I should be doing 2400fps with factory 150gr and max 2500fps with 150gr reloads.

I have also checked into 125gr loads I should be getting max 2700fps with these.
    Load up date finally (yeah ok so I have been busy) on my 12.5" barreled Rem 700 PCR short rifle in 308 Win.

Finally had time to do some reloading for this little rifle.

I got onto the Hodgdon reloading site and looked up 15" pistol barrel loads for the 308 Win.

Using Todbartel's quickload info and their data I put together some IMR3031 with 125gr Ballistic Tips and Accubond loads.

First I finally checked the velocities of the factory ammo I had been using.

Winchester 150gr Powerpoints gave me a surprisingly low velocity of 2250fps

Remington 150gr CoreLoks gave me 2370fps I had been guessing they were giving me 2400fps

47grs IMR3031 which is one grain below max load with the 125gr bullets are giving me my goal velocity of 2700fps = 4 shots gave me 2699fps - 2720fps without any pressure signs.

What surprised me the first time I took a few shots with the 125gr reloads and 150gr at the same target at 100 yards was the Winchesters @ 2250fps were hitting 6" higher on the target than the 125gr loads now that I have finally chrono'ed the loads and see that there is a 460fps velocity difference I understand the major point of impact difference.

I've now put together a few more 125gr loads with 1/2gr more powder I get 2740fps with this load and still no pressure signs.

Next loads I want to test are I have some 165gr Partitions on the shelf thinking of working up a load with them for bear defense - larger game hunting.

Just checked the Hornady ballistic chart the 125gr Accubonds @ 2720fps with a 200 yard zero is 2" high at 100 yards 1.8" high at 150 yards, 9" low @ 300 yards and 25" low at 400 yards.

Not bad for a short 29" OAL rifle combo.

edit to add ballistic chart

Last edited by Camp Cook; 05-02-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Any updates?

BANNED
    Red deer shooting center is getting a handful of these from the distributor as a warehouse find apparently. Got my name on one! Wahoo!

Unfortunately that means the BCL mrx bison has to go as I am on a limited budget with my baby coming in a couple of months. I have really been enjoying it, but .308 is my fav caliber and much more versatile, albeit more expensive to shoot. I've got a lot of reloading components stashed away for 308 though.

So excited! :D

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Red deer shooting center is getting a handful of these from the distributor as a warehouse find apparently. Got my name on one! Wahoo!

Unfortunately that means the BCL mrx bison has to go as I am on a limited budget with my baby coming in a couple of months. I have really been enjoying it, but .308 is my fav caliber and much more versatile, albeit more expensive to shoot. I've got a lot of reloading components stashed away for 308 though.

So excited! :D
    I was able to secure one of these as well, he said they should see them this week. Thanks for sharing that they are getting some.
    Collector of old junk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    they still have a couple left.....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    they still have a couple left.....
    They won't last long. It's likely we won't see these in production ever again.

CGN Regular
    I believe they sold out.