Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Tagged

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    I would be much more interested in a .300 blackout version of a rifle like this... the terminal velocity of the average .308 round out of a 12.5" barrel leaves a lot to be desired for anything besides plinking.

Nonetheless, I am glad that this is coming to market. I hope to see more manual-action factory SBRs make it onto the Canadian market.
    Have you actually run the numbers? Or are you just speculating?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I'm coming jump on the bandwagon and ask for a left handed version...

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 300Spartans View Post
    Needs an LA version in 300 Win Mag.
    Right off the start I'll say I have no actual experience with a 300 Win Mag & this short of barrel. But I figure you'd be better served with a 300 Blackout with this barrel than compared to a Win Mag. I was surprised with the ballistics Camp Cook was achieving with his rig in .308. But with purely an armchair opinion, I can't see a 300 Win Mag getting up to steam before leaving such a short barrel. I may be wrong & have been before... Just my 2 cents...
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Wasn't my numbers I did a google search and took the numbers from several different articles.

I'd have no interest in a super short 300 Win 20" would be my cut off.

I do have a 21" barreled 375RUM though with RL17 powder I get exactly the same velocities as I got with the longer 26" barrel with regular powders.

I also have a shortened to 22" T/C Prohunter barrels in 30-06 and 375H&H I've been seriously looking into shortening both to 19" though and looking at buying a 15" Prohunter 30-06 barrel but I would not go shorter even in a 30-06.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Definitely want to get one of these for myself and a few in the shop!

I have no specific use for a rifle like this but feel this is something I would enjoy nonetheless.

Also a lefty, if that helps with interest gauging/talks with Remington.

x39 would be pretty awesome as would 556 version using STANAG mags (as wel as the fictional x39 version).

Expired Industry Member
    Hey guys,

A few answers that we know right now.

ETA - Mid Summer

Canadian Version - Yes, shown above is the Canadian Version made for us

Calibers - Other calibers might follow but we don't know yet

Price - Will be up to the dealers and will depend on the US exchange rate at the time.

Left Hand - Unlikely at this time.

Rails - 0 MOA rail and you can add an M-LOK rail up front on the top to run iron sights

Magazines - AICS Magpul
    Last edited by Gravel Agency; 02-10-2020 at 09:31 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    In another thread it was claimed the FRT for this is Restricted by virtue of being a pistol. Can you confirm or deny this?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

12.5" for .308 seems too short?? I have a 16.5 " Ruger compact as one of my hunting rigs, its great but 12.5"?????