Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536373839404252 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

thefirearmblog weighed it in at 7.77lbs without optics.

Hopefully we get a confirmation one way or the other from the importer soon. Can think of a few things I'd like to buy in the mean time if this is going to take a little bit longer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pif View Post
    Called Solely again, where I was just told that the RCMP still had not classified it, and they had not shipped to Canada. Learned a real lesson here.
    Solely seems to be giving all kinds of excuses..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Lol

My brother likes my little 308 so much that he is now wanting one of them in 223 for his wife
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    thefirearmblog weighed it in at 7.77lbs without optics.
    Thanks!

I just weighed my 12.5" barreled 308 Win with my Berkley digital fish scale without a mag inserted and with the Leupold Compact 3-9x33mm scope mounted with Leupold PRW rings it weighs 7.6lbs.

As to how loud it is I always wear hearing protection when I fire firearms so can't really say how loud it is = it does have a bark though.

When I was shooting it this morning to get it zeroed I was shooting in the dark with my headlights aimed at my target the muzzle flash was fun = I'm in BC we can legally shoot firearms 24/7/365 here.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I just weighed my 12.5" barreled 308 Win with my Berkley digital fish scale without a mag inserted and with the Leupold Compact 3-9x33mm scope mounted with Leupold PRW rings it weighs 7.6lbs.

As to how loud it is I always wear hearing protection when I fire firearms so can't really say how loud it is = it does have a bark though.

When I was shooting it this morning to get it zeroed I was shooting in the dark with my headlights aimed at my target the muzzle flash was fun = I'm in BC we can legally shoot firearms 24/7/365 here.
    Thanks for the details and info. Nice to see it coming in lighter than I was expecting.

By any chance do you have the legal reference for the shooting 24/7/365 in BC? I would love to print that out, laminate it, and leave it in the truck.

I handled the 308 version in Cabela’s today. The weight seemed pretty good and the gun handled very well.
    ...might have to get the 223 version.
    Cheers,

Kyle

Curious is the 223 version in stock anywere yet? Cabelas appears to only have the 308 model avaliable. Cheers!

I am out still hunting thick bush for blacktail deer right now

I have to say next to my 14" barreled Single shot T/C Contender carbines this little 308 Win is the coolest carbine/rifle I have ever packed for this kind of hunting
    <")))><