Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitticus View Post
    Just now realized the 223 is only 10.5”. Crazy short... wonder why 2” shorter than the 308?
    Maybe because they were designed originally in the States as handguns but I couldn't care less because I want one.

I'd load 40gr V-Max with a top load of H322 powder oh wait I don't have to load those because I already have hundreds of them loaded.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Just purchased through Cabelas online

Quote Originally Posted by Pif View Post
    Just purchased through Cabelas online
    They appear to only have the 308.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitticus View Post
    Just now realized the 223 is only 10.5”. Crazy short... wonder why 2” shorter than the 308?
    It almost seems like they are following popular AR barrel lengths. There have been quite a few 12.5" 308 barrels out there, but not any 10" that I'm aware of. Whereas, in 223 the 10.5/10.3 barrel seems really popular. The next size in 223 is normally 14.5", which isn't a lot different that a 16" barrel, and therefore isn't an SBR in the states.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest1488 View Post
    They appear to only have the 308.
    Correct. That's what I wanted.

CGN frequent flyer mozambique technique's Avatar
    I've been eyeing these up for months but did not want to preorder, I've been phucked by preorders so never again. Then someone said Cabelas had them and now I have a .308 on the way. My range only goes to 250m so this gun will be fine.
    Jesus, Mohammed, save me from your followers!!

Expired Industry Member
    Hey Guys,

Unfortunately with the sale of Remington, we have been informed that some of our shipments never actually left the shipping dock and are in a "holding pattern" right now. So there are fewer available that we first thought there would be.

We are just waiting for the new owners to get their side of the house organized and then the rest of the orders will be on the way. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Good to know the news on why some aren't shipping out yet, hopefully my local gun store calls with them in soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravel Agency View Post
    Hey Guys,

Unfortunately with the sale of Remington, we have been informed that some of our shipments never actually left the shipping dock and are in a "holding pattern" right now. So there are fewer available that we first thought there would be.

We are just waiting for the new owners to get their side of the house organized and then the rest of the orders will be on the way. Hopefully it won't be too long.
    So basically what you are saying is I kind of won the lottery scoring one of these first 308's...

This is how cool these little carbines are = how I pack it for hunting in my reg/original height Eberlestock F1 Mainframe (I would like to get their newer taller frame that is now available), J2DB / J3DB Zip-On dry bag, I also have a rifle scabbard that is attached to the frame and is squeezed between the frame and the dry bag the mag is a 5 round P-Mag.

Remember the collapse length is 29" with the 12.5" barrel that would make the 10.5" 223 barrel OAL at 27" shortest Canada legal overall length is 26"

<")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Would you be able to swap the buttstock on these? If you had say (hypothetically) a Magpul PRS stock on a (hypothetical) rifle that you could no longer use due to a certain OIC. Not that I do of course, entirely hypothetical... asking for a friend.
    Cheers,

Kyle