CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: 10/10 CROSS MAG: Shipping + Retailers Announcement!

  1. #91
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the slow lane!
    Posts
    166
    Dont understand why this is worth $55. Can someone explain?

  2. #92
    CGN Regular mclmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    Dont understand why this is worth $55. Can someone explain?
    Whatís not to understand? Each unit is actually two 10 round pistol mags joined with couplers that allow a variety of configurations. Any other pistol magazine is $20+ per magazine and they donít couple together.
    I'm Irish...

    Of course I know how to patch drywall.

  3. #93
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,151
    Dont understand why this is worth $55. Can someone explain?
    That's for a two-pack of mags.

    They're only sold in pairs. $27.50 for each magazine.

  4. #94
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    Dont understand why this is worth $55. Can someone explain?
    I for my part am wondering what you expect to pay for two high quality 10-round magazines that offer the most modular pairing options on the market and that are manufactured in Canada by clearly competent and passionate individuals.

    Youza.

  5. #95
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by mclmm View Post
    What’s not to understand? Each unit is actually two 10 round pistol mags joined with couplers that allow a variety of configurations. Any other pistol magazine is $20+ per magazine and they don’t couple together.
    A quick search yields these results :

    CPD 10-round mag, single : $39.99 = $3.99/round
    CPD 10-round mag, single : $34.99 = $3.49/round
    LAR 10-round mag, single : $41.99 = $4.19/round
    Thermold 5-round mag, single : $25 = $5/round
    Lancer 5-round mag, single : $45.99 = $9.19/round
    Magpul 5-round mag, single : $25 = $5/round

    Compared to

    Cross industries 10-round mag, double, total 20 rounds with modular pairing options : $54.99 = $2.74/round

    so its really astonishing anyone would question the pricepoint of these.
    I don't even see the point of owning any other magazine or magazine system here in Canada anymore.

    Youza.
    Last edited by Youzawhale; 04-10-2020 at 11:19 AM.

  6. #96
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chumperistani Gulag
    Posts
    24,573
    Well nobody knows the longevity of the product compared to metal, which could be run for decades. Still worth finding out.

    My only question is if they lock in on a closed bolt. Some plastic mags don't.

  7. #97
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the slow lane!
    Posts
    166
    Didnt realize it included the mags. Thought the price was only for the coupler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    I for my part am wondering what you expect to pay for two high quality 10-round magazines that offer the most modular pairing options on the market and that are manufactured in Canada by clearly competent and passionate individuals.

    Youza.

  8. #98
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,150
    Edited. Deckard is right.
    Last edited by Youzawhale; 04-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.

  9. #99
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chumperistani Gulag
    Posts
    24,573
    No need to rub it in.

  10. #100
    CGN Regular Tommycanada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Well nobody knows the longevity of the product compared to metal, which could be run for decades. Still worth finding out.

    My only question is if they lock in on a closed bolt. Some plastic mags don't.
    With the mag loaded to 10 rounds, it connot be inserted on a closed bolt on an IWI X95... you can smack it in all day, but it wont lock in. no problem with 9 rounds loaded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •