CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storable Food Supplies

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Storable Food Supplies

In just 2 weeks, the sales of Wise Company food buckets has exceed what we would normally sell in a 6 month period. This is due to concerns over the Coronavirus. Normally we would purchase 6-12 months worth of stock at a time to take advantage of promotions that Wise Company would be offering a couple times per year.

With the long back log of orders, we do not expect to see Wise Company offer any promotions for some time, as they try to catch up on production. This means that once our current inventory is gone (possibly by mid Feb), we will most likely see a price increase take effect. If you are looking to stock up for spring and summer camping trips, now is not a bad time to buy, as the prices will not be getting any better.

MRE's are also selling quickly, however we expect the supply should be a bit better going into the spring time. We have a couple types, and we have broken down a few cases into ammo can type options.

The of course we have the Datrex Bars. Not the most tasty survival food, but a great way to cram as many calories into a small package with a 5 year shelf life and no preparation needed.

Fruit buckets are sold out. We only have a few vegetables left.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TheTooner's Avatar
    "...Not the most tasty survival food, ..."

To me, that's actually a recommendation. I put Eat-More bars in my survival kit in the vehicle, backpack, etc. Because I hate them, there's no way I'm going to eat them unless it's really necessary. Whereas something I like, e.g. a real chocolate bar, would be long gone by the time a desperate emergency actually happens.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTooner View Post
    "...Not the most tasty survival food, ..."

To me, that's actually a recommendation. I put Eat-More bars in my survival kit in the vehicle, backpack, etc. Because I hate them, there's no way I'm going to eat them unless it's really necessary. Whereas something I like, e.g. a real chocolate bar, would be long gone by the time a desperate emergency actually happens.
    This is true.

Ah, just in time for the coronavirus! See you in 8 years gentlemen.
    Rimfire and Military Surplus Enthusiast.

We are down to about 20 buckets of Wise (2-4 a day are selling). Our next order will not be here for another 4 weeks. If you are interested in getting storable food, it is best to get it now from our current inventory as prices are going up on the next production run.

Correction 15 buckets left.

Any more Mountain House #10 cans coming? I haven't tried Wise, but I've heard about some legal issues they've had south of the border for inaccurate representation of their food's contents and nutritional value.
    Cheers,

Kyle

Here are the cans that we have.

http://frontierfirearms.ca/search.ph...+%2310&Search=

The issues that Wise, had to do with listing the length in days of the survival packs without including the amount of calories.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Sample ammo can left?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast