Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning the Leupold VX3 Lens

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwic98 View Post
    My buddy just sent me a text 5 minutes ago , he was looking at Nikon Scopes . I told him that I will never buy anything other than Leupold again. Nothing but great experiences with Korth !
    Sorry about Hijacking
    This type of hijack is acceptable, lol.

Thanks for the support!

KGL

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
    I've been using this method. Been great so far.

Interesting video. Something to keep in mind - you want to remove any debris from the lens prior to wiping/scrubbing with any implement. Leupold offer a lens pen (as to most all camera stores); you want to utilize the brush attachment to ensure anything that might scratch the lens has been removed.

KGL

CGN frequent flyer
    Years ago the US Optics web site had a really great collection of information regarding optics including formulas etc, and one particular article on how to clean lenses.

Basically you simply clean the lenses with a Q-tip soaked with acetone.

Don't get too close to the outer edges if there are plastic rings used. Good scope wont have plastic.

Change the Q-Tip frequently.

This is how I've cleaned my lenses ever since. Works great.

The only way this will fail you is if you have plastic lenses, so don't do it to safety glasses or anything that does not have glass lenses.

And BTW... a thumbs up for the nice guys at Korth. They did a solid for me a while back and I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Maple57; 02-18-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Any policy is a success by sufficiently low standards, and a failure by sufficiently high standards.

A high post count means nothing… A high burned out barrel count means everything…

Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    I use the Zeiss alcohol based wipes on all of my scopes, including a lot of VX-3's and have never had a problem myself.
    I don't bother with anything else. Maybe Korth can chime in. You may never get an evidence based answer to your question, only anecdotal.
    But I figure if it is safe enough for Zeiss and the Zeiss coatings it is safe enough for Leupold (as misplaced as my confidence may be)
    Zeiss alcohol based wipes X2

Quote Originally Posted by rar View Post
    where can we buy the zeiss wipes? Any retailers in bc.
    amazon.ca

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    Interesting video. Something to keep in mind - you want to remove any debris from the lens prior to wiping/scrubbing with any implement. Leupold offer a lens pen (as to most all camera stores); you want to utilize the brush attachment to ensure anything that might scratch the lens has been removed.

KGL
    Also, the video suggests bottled water but what you really want is reverse osmosis or Zero filtered water - bottled water could be spring water which contains a lot of particulate. Man is the video guy annoying to listen to lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12