Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ++RESTOCKED++ Ladies and Gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for...

i'm in, Order #18243. Thanks!

Some quick things here....

#1 - Guys, I know you are excited but please, please, please STOP ASKING when these will be done or when you can send in your rifles for the barrel swap. I have asked many times for you to be patient and am saying now, loud and clear, I will not be responding to any emails or phone calls on this anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if your order goes to the bottom of the pile too...

#2 - Yes, we can install your GSG 522 conversion kit. How much do we charge ? Our shop rate is $105/hr + taxes. How long does it take ? Not sure yet but I will do one here first and then make the time estimate and post here.

#3 - The POF fixed stock is en route to our exporter right now. Once he gets it we will meet him at the border to grab it and test it for fitment. If it meets our standards then we will order 50x more and have them shipped. I will update this as things play out and post the results here when available.

Hope you all had a good weekend and I'll talk to you very soon.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    ***UPDATE***

We have been told that the barrels will be back here this Friday from CNC profiling. That means we can do our part (chamber, crown, engrave) starting Monday and hopefully have them out for bluing by Tues/ Weds. The bluing normally takes about 3-5 days. Then they are ready to ship / install.

It's all coming together folks, thank you for your continued patience, I will update this as we make progress.
    That muzzle looks so nice, could you post a close-up picture of it when you get them back?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Leigh, I'm guessing you are not going to Europe now that the IWI show has been canceled/delayed?
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Got mine today!

Pretty slick, very happy. Going to slap a Romeo5 on it and take it to the range on Saturday.
    CCFR

Mine arrived this morning - awesome. Off to the indoor range tonight

Thanks Dlask/Leigh etc

Added an old AR15 A2 brake I had and a Bushnell TRS-25 on UTG 0.83 riser. Took off the handguard pic rails for now.

Will put part of a 5/522 kit on it after I run a bunch of rounds through it. Found a CYMA fixed stock in Hong Kong, it's on the way.

Question for you Leigh:

When I go to remove the threaded barrel adapter to install the GSG 5 kit have you used any type of loctite etc to hold the 9mm to 1/2-28 adapter on the barrel?

I don't want to start reefing on it if I need to apply some heat first.

Thanks
    Last edited by Paul_T; 03-09-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Mine arrived this morning - awesome. Off to the indoor range tonight
    Make sure to use high velocity ammo. I took mine to the range on Saturday and only Cyclone HV ammo at I think 1350fps cycled reliably. I had aome CCI standard velocity at around 1000fps and some Winchester stuff at around 1200fps and both had cycling iissues. Great fun little plinker though.
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by GolfSix View Post
    Make sure to use high velocity ammo. I took mine to the range on Saturday and only Cyclone HV ammo at I think 1350fps cycled reliably. I had aome CCI standard velocity at around 1000fps and some Winchester stuff at around 1200fps and both had cycling iissues. Great fun little plinker though.
    I'll be trying cheap Fed Target 1200 fps but will take some HV just in case, thx

These things are supposed to cycle with pretty much anything from what I have read. Will report back

edit - back from range, 20 yards indoor.

This rifle is really fun to shoot!!

Federal Auto Match Target white box of 325 w/40 grain RN lead @ 1200 fps ran first 50 rounds no issues then started to refuse to cycle every second or third round.

Next up was CCI AR Tactical 40 grain RN copper plated @ 1200 fps with absolutely no issues.

Back to the Federal and got same FTF every second or third round. Lubed up the bolt to try running it wet after the FTF started - no change on the Federal.

Changed to CCI Velocitor 40 grain HP copper plated @ 1435 fps with absolutely no issues.

So, could be regular lead bullets at 1200 fps are on the edge for some reason - don't know why the first 50 through the barrel were flawless.

Will see if this changes in future with more rounds down the pipe but for sure the copper plated rounds at 1200 fps are just fine.

No matter on the Federal to me, they shoot fine in my S&W Victory.
    Last edited by Paul_T; 03-10-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Went to put on the GSG 5/522 kit today.

Called Dlask to see about how the 9mm to 1/2-28 adapter was attached, Joe assured me it was not loctited on but only hand tight. In my case it definitely was loctited on and I had to use a heat gun and channel locks to get it to budge. It took considerable force to remove the adapter - once removed I had to chuck it in my lathe and skim a few thou to get some plier marks off it. Cold blued it afterwards, looks just fine. The remnants of the blue loctite was left on the threads and I cleaned it off and once re-installed with no thread locker it went on hand tight with no issues to remove now.

Also noted when trying to remove the bolt assembly that two of the (three) side screws holding the body together were slightly overtightened - this would not allow the bolt to come out of the upper once the bolt stop was removed. About an eight of a turn or less on each screw and it was free. This may have been why there were some feeding issues with the one particular type of ammo, but I won't get to the range again until next week to test.

Waiting on a forward handguard and fixed stock to show up from Hong Kong.

As I mentioned above, this is a really fun rifle and the look of it with the 9" barrel is awesome.

Last edited by Paul_T; 03-10-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Went to put on the GSG 5/522 kit today.

Called Dlask to see about how the 9mm to 1/2-28 adapter was attached, Joe assured me it was not loctited on but only hand tight. In my case it definitely was loctited on and I had to use a heat gun and channel locks to get it to budge. It took considerable force to remove the adapter - once removed I had to chuck it in my lathe and skim a few thou to get some plier marks off it. Cold blued it afterwards, looks just fine. The remnants of the blue loctite was left on the threads and I cleaned it off and once re-installed with no thread locker it went on hand tight with no issues to remove now.

Also noted when trying to remove the bolt assembly that two of the (three) side screws holding the body together were slightly overtightened - this would not allow the bolt to come out of the upper once the bolt stop was removed. About an eight of a turn or less on each screw and it was free. This may have been why there were some feeding issues with the one particular type of ammo, but I won't get to the range again until next week to test.

Waiting on a forward handguard and fixed stock to show up from Hong Kong.

As I mentioned above, this is a really fun rifle and the look of it with the 9" barrel is awesome.

Question, is the front sight at the same level as the rear one? looks like the original rear sight is slightly higher.