++RESTOCKED++ Ladies and Gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Unfortunately yes, the new front sight post is something like 4mm 'lower' than the original. You could probably bodge on an HK MP5 drum rear sight and it should then work with the irons. In this config no way the irons will work properly.

The conversion kit gives you looks (and some metal stuff vs plastic) but it is really cosmetic vs function IMHO. I'll just carry a spare battery for the optic.

Last edited:
Question, is the front sight at the same level as the rear one? looks like the original rear sight is slightly higher.

You are correct. The quick fix (if irons is your plan) is to:

1. Remove the rear sight.
2. Drill a new hole through the sight for the screw above the old hole.
3. Remove the material below the new hole.
4. Reinstall the sight.

Cheers
Moe

Well it functions awesome. just put 400 rounds threw it. only had a couple of problems with the drum mag. i have 5 stick mags, all were perfect. mixed old ammo. love this gun. gonna keep it forever. thanks dlask

Hi Dlask, sorry if this has been answered somewhere already. I just found out about this project last week and have been trying to find info on this thread and the barrel preorder thread. I was able to find this response in the barrel preorder thread, are the 50 donor rifles you mention here refer to rifles that are intended to be used in a second batch complete rifles?

Hi Dlask, sorry if this has been answered somewhere already. I just found out about this project last week and have been trying to find info on this thread and the barrel preorder thread. I was able to find this response in the barrel preorder thread, are the 50 donor rifles you mention here refer to rifles that are intended to be used in a second batch complete rifles?

Yes they are. We also have the 10x OD Green coming which makes it 60x rifles total. I spoke with the distributor and was told that the 50x black ones arrive back east by ship on the 14th and the OD Green on the 21st of this month. Another week each respectively gets them here to Van and another week I imagine until they get to our shop.

As per usual PLEASE do not call or email asking to be put on the list for these. Once I have confirmation that they have left the distributor and are en route to the shop I will put a separate post here on CGN with a link to our website for the pre-order.

I'm looking at an A2 flash hider to screw on my barrel. Its 1/2-28 and made for a .223/.22. Is this right? Or should I be looking for a different size? I saw in another post someone saying 9mm 1/2-28 adapter and am a lil confused. If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

I'm looking at an A2 flash hider to screw on my barrel. Its 1/2-28 and made for a .223/.22. Is this right? Or should I be looking for a different size? I saw in another post someone saying 9mm 1/2-28 adapter and am a lil confused. If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

The actual barrel is threaded M9x0.75, but Dlask supplied an adapter to go from M9x0.75 to 1/2-28. I just got a thread protector on my adapter.

C6HQKw1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom