CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling SAI 102 launch - intro sale (held over)

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The detente and plunger on the Strike Industries is adjustable. I don't have any left or I'd do a quick video to show you how to do it.
    It looks like the dust cover needs to be trimmed on each side (length wise). The nice rim that runs the inside of the dust cover does not seem to be the same shape as the port. Iím I correct or missing something?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burtass View Post
    It looks like the dust cover needs to be trimmed on each side (length wise). The nice rim that runs the inside of the dust cover does not seem to be the same shape as the port. Iím I correct or missing something?
    You're 100% correct. When we changed the dimensions from the NEA proprietary dust cover to a standard one, we used one that was (unknown to us) out of spec.... Seriously annoyed at this, but the simple fix is to use a strike industries UDC that is easy to "fit" .... And change it in the next run. The upside is, people get an upgraded dustcover.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I bought a strike industries cover and it doesn't fit my receiver. No matter how much I modified, the detent can't reach far enough to lock into the receiver

Quote Originally Posted by jhnvan View Post
    I bought a strike industries cover and it doesn't fit my receiver. No matter how much I modified, the detent can't reach far enough to lock into the receiver
    If you can get it to us in calgary, we'll sort it and ship back for free...
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    What I've got so far. Just waiting on barrel nut and some other small pieces. Hopefully I qualify for the Spikes Tactical dust cover. I tried a genuine Armalite dust cover and it almost works. The machining quality is great. The tolerances are tight and will require some breaking in. Really would like to finish it but no barrel nut really puts a damper on things.

Last edited by Mumbles Marble Mouth; 03-09-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    五六式

Wow...so we are already talking about Gen 2 on these?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    Wow...so we are already talking about Gen 2 on these?
    Unfortunately us first run buyers get to experience some slight issues with the new product. For me, the only thing that bothers me so far is no dust cover and I have yet to see someone post that for sure the Spikes Tactical UDC actually works. As long as I can get a dust cover that works with this receiver, I will be completely satisfied with the receiver that I have and I will keep it. If I can't get a dust cover that works, well... I may look for a different receiver set.
    五六式

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    Unfortunately us first run buyers get to experience some slight issues with the new product. For me, the only thing that bothers me so far is no dust cover and I have yet to see someone post that for sure the Spikes Tactical UDC actually works. As long as I can get a dust cover that works with this receiver, I will be completely satisfied with the receiver that I have and I will keep it. If I can't get a dust cover that works, well... I may look for a different receiver set.
    You and me both. I should have known better than to become an early adopter. I was drawn to the slick-side Upper Receiver and clean Magwell sides on the Lower. Live and keep on learning I reckon....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    You and me both. I should have known better than to become an early adopter. I was drawn to the slick-side Upper Receiver and clean Magwell sides on the Lower. Live and keep on learning I reckon....
    Everyone who bought one will be completely looked after. I'm also pissed about the dust cover issue.

No one will be unhappy...

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

I mean considering how ####ed the original bcl was this particular issue of dust cover is nothing but a minor inconvenience