Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Ducks Unlimited

What about groups like Pheasants Forever. Just a quick search on there mobile site I didn’t see anything regarding this petition either.
    I sent a quick email to my local chapter representative to see if they would include a link. They clearly support firearms as they are selling raffle tickets for semi auto shotguns.
    Last edited by ssmith; 02-05-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Matthew your post is confusing and lacks punctuation to get your point across. What is your first sentence stating? If you choose to trash an organization that raises millions upon millions of dollars so your customers will have something and somewhere to shoot the products you sell........ You should rethink your business model because I for one would recommend buying products from a retailer who doesn't shoot us in the foot to make a buck. Yes, I support responsible gun ownership and take this PROPOSED LOOK AT THE legislation seriously but I refuse to trash habitat preservation for you to make a buck. Please take the high road out of your valley and have some class and think of the collateral damage you are causing.

F this DB, can't wait for the "Sportsman show" this year. I'll give DU a piece face to face, with "punctuation" to get my point across.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

If you guys believe DU accesses 40.4 million dollars because they only care about habitat preservation and not hunting, WITH GUNS, then you're even dumber than you sound on this site. The fact is they get lots of money for making sure you to have places to shoot and things to shoot. If they have to pull the habitat card and remain neutral on gun petition issues then they better damn well keep doing just that. Give your heads a shake and phone your MLAs and MPs. Phone calls count way more per person than signatures on a petition. Threatening DU will not change gun control but it may give more fuel to the control lobby.

That sounds like the "logic" of someone who sits around and says things like, "I'm a hunter and I support gun ownership, but I don't see why anyone needs an assault weapon."

I'm also not sure how anyone rationally concludes that it is "threatening" to inform DU that their org has lost an individual's financial support in light of their lack of support of firearms owners who are about to have their personal property forcibly confiscated by the federal government.

And, as if "threatening" DU and signing e-petitions is the only action being taken by members of our community. Good grief! The evidence to the contrary is absolutely everywhere!

It also comes to mind that police orgs across the nation have not remained "neutral" on this issue (EG, the public comments of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police on gun bans and changes to firearms regulations).
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 02-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    This has everything to do with that. No company in their right mind that doesn't explicitly have anything to do with firearms ownership in Canada is going to play sides and get dragged into this mess. Let alone a conservation company that specializes in wetlands and ducks.

It is absolutely a fight, democracy is taking place, people are sending letters, calling their reps. We are fighting for our ability to maintain ownership of certain kinds of firearms.

We live in Canada, not America, bud. Firearm ownership isn't protected like the second amendment.
    You need to think a little bit more about this. If they have a board member sitting in the Canadian Advisory Committee, it is clear that their thought on the matter is considered valuable. Firearm ownership is a cultural heritage in Canada and DU should rise to the occasion and stay next to firearm owners and firearm industry...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Yes, a conservation organization that puts their names on many firearms models and asks for support and funds from gun owners and hunters.

They should in return support those who support them. Pretty simple math!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now you see the hypocrisy in what they do. I was a DU chapter supporter years ago until they came out and said they had no support of hunter and firearms owners. I quit the organization and never returned and never supported them again for any reason.
    Old Age and Treachery Will Always Overcome Youth and Skill !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    If you guys believe DU accesses 40.4 million dollars because they only care about habitat preservation and not hunting, WITH GUNS, then you're even dumber than you sound on this site. The fact is they get lots of money for making sure you to have places to shoot and things to shoot. If they have to pull the habitat card and remain neutral on gun petition issues then they better damn well keep doing just that. Give your heads a shake and phone your MLAs and MPs. Phone calls count way more per person than signatures on a petition. Threatening DU will not change gun control but it may give more fuel to the control lobby.
    Your opinion,your money to put where you like.Most here think otherwise as in DU is a non existent org for any firearm owner....so yes black rifle owners matter as well as all others.
    Last edited by merlin1; 02-05-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    guns don't belong in cities---they belong in each and every home

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
    If that were the case, why do they have a person on the Liberals firearms advisory board as an 'expert'? The person cannot be an expert if they're just being a planted Fudd on that board. This is a completely contradictory claim and they have to bear the consequences of it. Why is a wetlands conservation person on a gun advisory board if they don't claim to be a gun expert?
    Well said!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    DU is mostly 50+ year old men who are THE definition of a Fudd!!!
    Is that you Greta?
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Full disclosure. My main passion in life is hunting big game, upland birds and migratory waterfowl. I don’t own any restricted firearms but I will defend your right to own and use them to the best of my ability. That being said, I will defend my right to have places and habitat available to pursue my passion more. I am a sportsman first and do not believe in trying to get people to pull support from an organization that benefits me to further a cause that can do just fine without them picking sides. Many organizations that get funding to preserve habitat do not allow hunting. DU purchased land does. So think long and hard about who you suggest we stop funding with donations and federally.