Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hands on Magpul Products

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Hands on Magpul Products

After SHOT show I got the opportunity to spend a couple days in Texas with Magpul getting hands on the products.

Basically we got the opportunity to shoot for two full days, playing around with all the products and firearms out fitted with the products. It was a bit weird at first due to ITAR and the guys not being able to instruct or teach us, however once we realized we were on our own to demo items, the fun began LOL

Tried out some full auto with suppressors and saw how well the suppressor covers worked to prevent burns. You could drop the rifle on the sling and not worry about the suppressor burning your thighs etc. Not a big deal for us Canadians but for Canadian Forces, LE agencies etc it would make a difference.

Tried out a few different rifles with the hunter and Pro chassis and were able to hit 800yrd targets in multiple positions (barricades, barrels, tables etc.) Some of the shooters included people who rarely got to shoot so it was nice to see how versatile the Pro chassis is.

The Magpul products on the Scropion also made it such a nice rifle to shoot, I might have to get myself one now and do it up.

We ran over PMAGs countless times on purpose, and then used them to see how they would perform. No issues what so ever.

One guy was wearing the Magpul sunglasses when a freak accident happened. During a couple hours of paint ball for fun, one of the guys who wasn't playing walked by an open door to get suited up at the same time as a couple of guys opened up on each other. One of the paint balls came out of the door and hit the guy right in the eye (of the glasses) knocking them off his head and scaring the crap out of him. Totally fine due to the glasses but he had to change his underwear after!! LOL

The guys at Magpul put on an amazing event and we learned more about how much they care about their clients. Wanting to make sure the quality of products that they put out would always be the best.

Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Is that buttstock on the scorpion new magpul kit?
    Don't miss... I won't...

It's the one for the AK

this:

It was a bit weird at first due to ITAR and the guys not being able to instruct or teach us

What a load of garbage.....not you saying it....the fact that it was a thing.....I am tired of this planet and wanna get off!

Rant off

glad you guys had some fun....did you get any of their ITAR/EAR controlled t-shirts? https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/appa...global_size=82

OK now rant really off

Boltgun
    1*

DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Don't Canadians go down south for some "real" courses and training all the time...?!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    Don't Canadians go down south for some "real" courses and training all the time...?!
    if they do, then it isn't ITAR controlled, or it is and the provider is breaking US law. The exception is if they are dual USA/CDN citizens. they are allowed to attend

Boltgun
    1*

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    if they do, then it isn't ITAR controlled, or it is and the provider is breaking US law. The exception is if they are dual USA/CDN citizens. they are allowed to attend

Boltgun
    So you are saying bringing your own gun to a USA shooting course or event is an ITAR matter? What about shooting ranges where you pay to shoot full auto?!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Go ahead rub it in, just kidding. Glad you had fun. Thanks for posting.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    So you are saying bringing your own gun to a USA shooting course or event is an ITAR matter? What about shooting ranges where you pay to shoot full auto?!
    minor correction - if it is a Defense/LE based shooting course/Armorer Course/ETC - not a competition style course - then it is. Bringing your own gun isn't the issue - although you do need the import authorization for it. It's the export of the "knowledge" you learn on that course - mental or skills based.

at least it is for now...much of that may change when the stuff controlled by ITAR moves from Dept of State to Dept of Commerce

Boltgun
    1*

It's the part about not being allowed to impart knowledge that my be applicable to Mil/LE operations.

Paying to shoot full auto is not get training, shooting a 3 gun course is not getting training etc.

Being shown how to use some equipment so you can easier hit a target at 800yds is a no no.

As Boltgun said there are exceptions for Mil/LE or getting ITAR approval for armorers courses etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast