Need help with my EDC!!

Wolverine .303

Business Member Rep
Business Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Something horrible has happened!!! I have lost my favourite EDC knife!!!!

source.gif

I received from the folks at Vortex Optics for Wolverine Supplies's 30th anniversary. It was a very nice Kershaw that was engraved with the Wolverine Logo.

Now I have to replace it! Does anyone have some suggestions as to what i should be using as my EDC knife??

Let me know because it's time for me to go shopping!

- Wolverine .303

Any specific needs or wants ?

Length ? Handle material ? Brand ? Price ? Blade steel ?

Love my spyderco endura4, fits my large hands, VG10 has held up and easy to sharpen, disappears in the pocket. I prefer the spyderco hole over a thumb stud.

Got a cold steel recon 1 clip point in CTS XHP that has a DLC Coated blade and OD green G10 handle. It’s a little big but I don’t mind. They make smaller knives like the American lawman or code 4. Can’t go wrong with a Tri-Ad lock.

My buddy loves his spyderco paramilitary 2. If your looking for something smaller the para 3 is a good choice.

I could send you my Kershaw with the SFRC logo on it :)

Ryan

Something horrible has happened!!! I have lost my favourite EDC knife!!!!

source.gif

I received from the folks at Vortex Optics for Wolverine Supplies's 30th anniversary. It was a very nice Kershaw that was engraved with the Wolverine Logo.

Now I have to replace it! Does anyone have some suggestions as to what i should be using as my EDC knife??

Let me know because it's time for me to go shopping!

- Wolverine .303

Firefighter here. I swear by my Kershaw Blur. I have the serrated/glassbreaker version. Fits neatly into every pair of pants I own. It has survived the elements and several simulated and real fires.

I used to recommend benchmade. I have two benchmade 580's, one I have owned for 5 years but then all the anti gun stuff about benchamde came to light.

How is the knife import ban effecting selection in canada?

Should have been more specific my apologies!

Light weight folding, inside pocket with a clip would be my go to.

But not opposed to a fixed blade as long as its a good and doesn't imprint like a Bowie knife on my side, less preferred as I am not always wearing a belt.

Check out the Boker Urban Trapper series, absolutely fantastic knives and don't break the bank, also very slim in the pocket.

For a fixed blade. I have the camillus ht-7. Its (titanium bonded) I love the way it carries on my belt. Never gets in the way, always there when you need it. No problems after a few years. For a folder pocket carry... every one I know with the replaceable blade ones. Love them. Not a razor blade but the full size ones. It is nice to always have it sharp without the work.

I've had a Kershaw Skyline for years, a fantastic knife for the money.
I recently retired the Skyline so my son bought me a Kershaw Ferrite for my birthday last year and I love it, It's smooth and ###y.

I've owned (or currently own) pretty much all of the above mentioned brands and models and, in my opinion, there's only one option for a gear guy like yourself.

Strider. Absolutely bulletproof, and worth the cost.

SnG (3.5") or SMF (4") are the main folder options, I prefer the 3V or PSF27 steels but their S30V is fantastic as well (better than other brands, for sure).

A little more info about the brand is in the below link, and if you'd like for me to look for a certain model or price point, let me know.
https://www.bluelinegear.com/about/faq/1#n-26

Back
Top Bottom