Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Used Remington 870 14 Inch Barrels, $149.95

CGN Ultra frequent flyer farmer47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    Thanks .... yes ... everything I’ve read on this site suggests the difference really is for birdshot.
    google the box of truth. some interesting info on buckshot , different chokes and different ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Got my barrel....nice condition, I reblued it with Birchwood casey super blue but will redo it with Brownells Aluma-hyde in matte black.
    UCP member
    CPC member

Close to my Friends, Closer to my Enemies
    Did the same with mine too with BC Super Blue and it came out great. The front bead is chewed up, but I'll be putting on a Scattergun Tech front sight in any case.
    Mine is a Mod choke and measures .715" ID. Is that normal ID for fixed Mod chokes in these barrels?
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle

Did you fellas strip the barrels down to bare metal before you blued them, or just went over the existing?
    ~~'Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids'~~

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgunner82 View Post
    Did you fellas strip the barrels down to bare metal before you blued them, or just went over the existing?
    over the existing. but I will be sand blasting the barrel when I do it with aluma-hyde.
    Last edited by Undergiver; 02-12-2020 at 01:13 AM.
    UCP member
    CPC member

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    over the existing
    The same.
    Mine looks like it was reblued or dark parkerized at some time. The original writing is not OEM sharp. The Super Blue matched it perfectly.
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle

If someone got a blued modified choke one they don't like, I wouldn't mind buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    They will fit most. They won't work on the 870's with the 6 round one piece mag tube.

Ryan
    They also don’t fit left handed shotguns. I recently bought a left handed Remington 870 with a 28” barrel. I wanted a shorter one and so I bought one of these barrels. However, half the ejection port is covered when the barrel is installed. I didn’t realize barrels were also left and right handed... another curse of being left handed. When I called I don’t remember if I said it was a lefty. Rookie mistake.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Are the modified chokes marked on the barrel or anything? I've only seen threaded screw in choke systems.

Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    Are the modified chokes marked on the barrel or anything? I've only seen threaded screw in choke systems.
    Yes, they are marked Mod just like the old fixed choke Wingmaster barrels

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234