Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    I thought my mother in-law was the only member of the grammar police! Lol!
    Its really not about grammar.

Youza.

Please enlighten me then? What’s it about?

I have this posted on another thread but have changed some words and letters to make it applicable here.
    If TSE wants to remove it please do as I am new to this and I apologize. I believe they as business owners would understand how we all need to unite as one community and one voice where this bigger picture is headed.
    DU made a choice who to side with. TSE made a choice about releasing the information they were provided and decided who they would like to side with. Maybe du would think differently if they had to rely solely on public donations instead of government funding? I don’t believe they would’ve committed any political action by posting a link that would cause the CRA to take away their charitable status. All they would have to show a judge is the information they shared. Started by hunters for hunters. Same stance as du USA. Thrown out of court. Unless there was some sort of political meddling. But we all know that doesn’t happen in big court cases. Wink wink.
    In the end pick a side if you want? If you’re still upset, pick a finger! We have a bigger fish to fry. The govt is coming at us with both barrels, and they don’t even have a license!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    I have this posted on another thread but have changed some words and letters to make it applicable here.
    If TSE wants to remove it please do as I am new to this and I apologize. I believe they as business owners would understand how we all need to unite as one community and one voice where this bigger picture is headed.
    DU made a choice who to side with. TSE made a choice about releasing the information they were provided and decided who they would like to side with. Maybe du would think differently if they had to rely solely on public donations instead of government funding? I don’t believe they would’ve committed any political action by posting a link that would cause the CRA to take away their charitable status. All they would have to show a judge is the information they shared. Started by hunters for hunters. Same stance as du USA. Thrown out of court. Unless there was some sort of political meddling. But we all know that doesn’t happen in big court cases. Wink wink.
    In the end pick a side if you want? If you’re still upset, pick a finger! We have a bigger fish to fry. The govt is coming at us with both barrels, and they don’t even have a license!!
    What's this with you? A member here since 2013 and never posted anything and all of the sudden you are meddling in various (4 different!!) DU threads....

Please explain your relation to DU.
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

DU is up to something and it's just my opinion but I believe they will fight only to save pump shotguns and no semi auto as they will agree with the government that for duck hunting those are unnecessary.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

They can take this response and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

I used to support DU years ago. I stopped when they did some work on a friend's property in s.w Ontario and I wasn't allowed to hunt on it anymore. Some DU executives hunted it all the time though and did really well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    DU is a big business corporation they get funding from individuals, corporations and provincial and federal government. They buy land land under the pretense of conservation in reality they lease the land to cattle ranchers , they use it for agricultural purpose and other money making actives .modt of the land they own has no water on it so it is deemed habitat land . They own millions of acres that Canadians will never get back it is basically for ownership being there parent company is a us based organization. They care not about gun owners . They took the same stance in 1995! On the registration issue . How soon we forget

A few years ago DU came out and said that they were not a hunters organization, (I forgot the context of the message). At that time I was a DU supporter. I stopped being so and switched to another organization Delta Waterfowl for that reason. Delta has come out in support of the petition. This has just reinforced that fact that I made the right decision. DU want our dollars but wont support us....
    CCFR,CSSA,OFAH,DELTA,WTF!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I was forwarded this today... just thought I'd post it here for discussions.

JR

Dear DUC Volunteer,

Following our recent communication regarding Ducks Unlimited Canada’s (DUC) position on the firearms e-petition, we’ve heard from a number of volunteers who are looking for more details.

Let us begin by saying that DUC proudly supports the country’s hunting community. Waterfowl hunting is an integral part of our heritage—and our future. DUC continues to support hunting as a way to connect with nature and develop an appreciation for wetlands and the need to conserve them.

DUC’s position to remain neutral on the firearms e-petition is rooted in the responsibility we have to our mission—the conservation of wetlands. It’s a position we’ve taken for decades. All our policy activities must be directly related to wetland conservation. This focus allows us to deliver the critical habitat that supports hunting traditions and all outdoor lifestyles. In addition, Canada Revenue Agency guidelines stipulate that DUC can only engage in political activities that further our charitable purpose of wetland conservation.

Within Canada’s conservation community, DUC’s role is clear. We conserve and restore habitat. Other organizations, including provincial wildlife associations and hunting groups, address issues related to firearms. This partnership serves us well and has led to incredible conservation achievements across the country, including the 6.4 million acres of habitat under DUC’s care across the country.

DUC Volunteer, when it comes to the e-petition, we encourage you, and all our supporters, to exercise your individual rights as you see fit.

To help provide some additional background about DUC’s position, here are a few answers to questions we’ve received:

Q: Does DUC support hunting?
    A: Yes. DUC supports hunting, when conducted in a legal and sustainable manner, as a legitimate and acceptable use of a renewable resource. Hunters are among the most devoted conservationists. They spend a lot of time outdoors and appreciate how nature provides for their life and lifestyle. They support conservation through the purchase of their hunting licenses and are often leaders in creating conservation policies and regulations.

Q: Why is DUC neutral on the firearms e-petition?
    A: Our position to remain neutral on the current firearms e-petition is solely based on the obligation to keep all of our policy activities focused on our mission of habitat conservation. Pursuant to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, DUC can only engage in political activities that further our charitable purpose. This is part of our responsibility to all supporters who entrust us with delivering habitat gains on the landscape. Other groups such as provincial wildlife associations, firearms groups and others are much better equipped to address firearm issues.

Q: Why does DUC hold a seat on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee but remains neutral on the firearms e-petition?
    A: DUC does not hold a seat on this committee. Jim Couch is a DUC volunteer who accepted the invitation to join the committee as an individual, not as a representative of DUC. He does not act or report on behalf of DUC in this capacity. His qualifications for the committee (as outlined in his biography) include being a former executive at Potash Corp., a competitive curler, gun club member, retriever club member and DUC volunteer.

Q: Why do you use firearms in your fundraising activities but do not support the firearms
    e-petition?
    A: We recognize the value of waterfowl hunters in the establishment and ongoing success of DUC. Firearms are often used as part of DUC fundraising activities as a way to celebrate and recognize the hunting and conservation lifestyle. However, the debate around firearm legislation is a different matter. It involves decisions and expertise that fall outside of our stated mission of wetland conservation.

Q: Why won’t you share the firearms e-petition with DUC supporters?
    A: Pursuant to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, DUC can only engage in political activities that further our charitable purpose of wetland conservation. While sharing the e-petition may seem like a harmless request, doing so would represent the first step of policy engagement outside our mission.

Q: Why should I support DUC when you don’t support firearm owners?
    A: The critical element to the future and livelihood of the hunting community is habitat. Without habitat there would be no wildlife. Supporting DUC remains one of the most effective ways of ensuring this habitat remains for hunters and all Canadians to enjoy.

Q: Why must DUC maintain its neutral position on the e-petition?
    A: This is not a new position for DUC. As a charitable conservation organization, we have for decades remained neutral on all policy issues that fall outside of our habitat conservation mission. This approach reflects our responsibility to deliver wetland habitat and wildlife that benefit hunters and all Canadians.

Our position on the firearms e-petition is posted on our website.

DUC Volunteer, thank you for everything you do as a DUC volunteer.

Tim Binch
    National Manager Volunteer Fundraising
    Ducks Unlimited Canada

That is pathetic.
    Tim, take me off you mailing list!
    DU will not get my support at your shoots moving forward , I’ll save my funds to support Delta and not buy the cheap DU paintings and made in China crap anymore..
    Last edited by MattMoser; 02-08-2020 at 12:43 AM.