Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

Quote Originally Posted by sbe View Post
    Protecting my personal freedom is absolutely more important than protecting the land. They will get the same support the give me - I will stay neutral, which means no money, no time and no access to land.
    I almost sincerely hope you lose them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have and I find it absolutely disgusting that some of you people seem to think that having a black rifle is more important than actually protecting the land we share with nature.

Just absolutely ####ing silly what this community will rally behind. None of you realize there is no good that comes out of this, DUC won't change their stance and they shouldn't. All this has managed to do, is make all of us look like a bunch of dicks and gun crazy tools that think an AR is more valuable than sustaining wildlife. It's an echo chamber in here of people jerking each other off and congratulating each other on sending hostile or backhanded letters to a conservation group.

Every single one of you should be ashamed. What use is that rifle, if the land it's supposed to "protect" is dead?
    If you actually think black rifles are why many are taking the stance they are, your ignoring a lot of opinions. Your also ignoring the large list of people both on this forum, and things like DU's Facebook and twitter that have stated their funds have been diverted to Delta waterfowl a conservation group that supports hunting. So why should those people feel ashamed at ditching an org that has ditched them? Just because DU is the largest in Canada at what they do does not lesson the work of other orgs, or make them any less relevant to this discussion or any less deserving of the cash DU would of received had they not taken the stance and positions they did.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

I have and I find it absolutely disgusting that some of you people seem to think that having a black rifle is more important than actually protecting the land we share with nature.

Just absolutely ####ing silly what this community will rally behind. None of you realize there is no good that comes out of this, DUC won't change their stance and they shouldn't. All this has managed to do, is make all of us look like a bunch of dicks and gun crazy tools that think an AR is more valuable than sustaining wildlife. It's an echo chamber in here of people jerking each other off and congratulating each other on sending hostile or backhanded letters to a conservation group.

Every single one of you should be ashamed. What use is that rifle, if the land it's supposed to "protect" is dead?
    Your insinuation that is is wrong for the firearms community to call DU out on not supporting firearm owners is laughable. No one (that I have seen) has said that they are willing to trade their AR in in place of the environment. In fact, you seem to draw a false dichotomy between the two, making it seem like we can’t have both. I have not seen any calls for the destruction of the environment, instead I have just seen people who have felt conned by DU. Now that they know the reality, people are choosing to express themselves and choosing to allocate their hard earned dollars to other organizations. Your decision to chastise a large group of people over this, in my estimation is wrong. Thanks for coming out Greta T.

Ahhh...a troll.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Jesus... these are the people we have to work with and some wonder why people are fed up...

It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Protecting the land is a much lower priority than personal freedom. Free people will protect the land as a matter of course. People with no freedom have no freedom to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cooner View Post
    A few years ago DU came out and said that they were not a hunters organization, (I forgot the context of the message). At that time I was a DU supporter. I stopped being so and switched to another organization Delta Waterfowl for that reason. Delta has come out in support of the petition. This has just reinforced that fact that I made the right decision. DU want our dollars but wont support us....
    I know of a few former DU people that have gone to Delta Waterfowl for many reasons. Maybe it time to add another reason.

Most at DU dinners / fund raisers wouldn’t know what a Duck was if it pooped on their head.

Hunters are a fraction of where DU money comes from, this 15 year long volunteer told them to FO years ago.
    Don’t aim with the beads don’t look at the barrel focus only on the bird look at nothing else. Where exactly is the required lead measured from?