Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    I absolutely do not support a unilateral initiative to remove Assault rifles from legal owners in Canada.
    However, I do support the government taking any and all guns away from anyone who holds a wetland conservation organization (who at most, would have an interest in non-restricted shotgun ownership??), responsible for defending their "right" to own assault rifles.
    Anyone demonstrating that kind of judgement should never have had them in the first place.
    Get a grip!
    You support disarmament of individuals simply because you can’t see things from their perspective? I’ve never understood the liberal urge to control others. And before you say people are trying to control DU, note that that most of the users here are upset that they have felt betrayed.

Quit crying about ducks and look at the bigger picture of the petition please! Circumventing parliamentary procedure and debate. It’s too bad there’s so many people that cannot except advancements in technology. Every single advancement in firearms history has been directed towards a military application first, then the soldiers in the military who become familiar with that type firearm as they transition into their civilian lives again adopt that type and style of firearm as their favourite sporting arms. The modern sporting rifle or AR as some people call it is an excellent platform to start off younger shooters and anybody that may be sensitive to recoil. It’s not by chance it’s the most popular style of firearm in the world today after all of its years of military service. It pains me to have people talk about it as an assault rifle and that is all it is good for. It wasn’t that long ago Canadian’s were assaulting the beaches of Normandy with a lee enfield military grade assault rifle. It’s too bad that people just can’t give their heads a shake and get on board as a community. Let people do and have what they would like to have. If you don’t want one, that’s your choice.To me it’s just like movies or music, politics or religion, if you don’t like it turn the channel or turn it off. This is just the tip of the iceberg for the disarmament of society in Canada as we know it and the Libs aren’t all stupid, they are going to go about it a class or firearm group at a time. Sooner or later they will get to the one you love and it will be too bad so sad boo-hoo it’s gone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    I hope the swiss arms will not prohibited again for their owners. Because of DU
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

The Swiss arms and many others like it and a whole bunch that don’t look like it at all will all be riding in the back of a big dump truck heading towards some plasma table so Torontonians can live in safety

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    One day , I will buy one like the red on the picture!

« When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    I absolutely do not support a unilateral initiative to remove Assault rifles from legal owners in Canada.
    However, I do support the government taking any and all guns away from anyone who holds a wetland conservation organization (who at most, would have an interest in non-restricted shotgun ownership??), responsible for defending their "right" to own assault rifles.
    Anyone demonstrating that kind of judgement should never have had them in the first place.
    Get a grip!
    Who knew, i always thought assult rifles were banned.
    Where can I buy one for my gf? Valentines's day is coming up.
    Last edited by GreenBob; 02-08-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

I hope I am wrong and we can continue enjoying our hobbies but if not you may want to make your purchase sooner than later. If they do open up some more prohibited classes that would be your way in. Unless they decide to eliminate those altogether. It’s anybody’s guess what will happen but as the saying goes plan for the worst and hope for the best

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TreMoR View Post
    One day , I will buy one like the red on the picture!

Mug shot of the guy that did more damage to our community the Ducks Unlimited. How quickly everyone forgets.
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If the internet lynch mob invested this energy on influencing the government, the effort would be better spent.

Ducks Unlimited will be around long after the boys at TSE and Wolverine have taken your money and retired to Arizona or gone on permanent safari in Africa. DU will be giving back to the community and making a positive contribution to your hunting and shooting lifestyle for many more generations. You’d better hope so .