Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by trapoholic View Post
    They're not for wetlands at all. Everywhere around where I live and southern Ontario in general you see their big billboard "another successful ducks unlimited wetlands restoration project" no, all I see is a puddle or a trickle of a drainage ditch with some dead grass growing around it with your name on it. They just buy up land they can get tax return on and put a sign up like they did something. At least delta waterfowl will actually work on a project.
    Ha, in BC you only see them selling paintings in grocery stores. Thats it.

Was at a local pub today that had 2 items up for DU....

Asked to speak to the boss about their support for DU - was advised to come back tomorrow.... and that yes.... He IS a hunter....

WILL UPDATE !
    Infowars.com
    thesurvivalpodcast.com
    If you have a problem, and you think someone else is going to fix it for you; you actually have two problems.

CGN Regular
    typical Liberal hypocrite answer....|I will never ever give them a penny of my money. We shall all remember...

I’m pretty sure DU has a policy not to respond favourably to extortion or intimidation tactics that many on this thread are suggesting be used.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I am surprised that as long as you have been in business, that this is news to you.
    DU has NEVER done one damn thing to support the firearms industry, or shooters in this country.
    Firstly, DU has and does do some great work in the conservation of wetlands. We cannot ignore that. These wetlands help to preserve and increase the waterfowl and therefor by simple extension; hunting areas and species. Because of that and because we have a ton of members / customers that strongly support DU, we have also supported it for the past 20 years. There is a direct correlation. To say they do nothing for us is simplistic.

As to the DU peeps in my area of Calgary: Super salt of the earth people and ALL shooters / hunters. For me this is the saddest part; as they are caught up in a #### storm that they neither started nor want any part of.

However:

The Lieberals have stated that they are looking at the Australian and New Zealand model of banning firearms. As we have seen; what started out as an attack on semi-auto "black guns" quickly encompassed almost all semi-autos, including a lot of shotguns. This in Canada would have a direct impact on the hunting community as (in my experience) the sheer number of waterfowlers using semi-autos has over reached all others (over/under, pumps, side x side, etc).

In my opinion, in this instance, a "neutral" position is not "neutral" in any way. DU could have simply acknowledged the petition and forwarded it "for informational purposes", but instead, they chose to pander and not trigger the Toronto Soccer Mom demographic in hopes of shoring up the left fundraising. Their messaging was disingenuous and, in my opinion, misleading.

As they don't care if we can keep our guns or not, I cannot simply just let this go.

Yes, the bulk of the monies that DU gets is from taxpayers, so our little "protest" won't really make a huge difference, but given there is only so much time, energy and money available for us to spend and offer as support to the community as a whole, it is reasonable and appropriate for us to focus what we do have, towards organizations that align with our needs and beliefs as well.

Simply put: My personal focus has to be on keeping my businesses open and paying my staff. This is achieved by selling guns and ammunition. Any organization that has a policy that detracts from our ability to operate cannot get my support. My 60 staff are my focus, not wetlands in Northern Ontario.

Now is not the time to allow any division in the shooting community. Inclusivity is going to be key for us as a shooting community if we are going to persevere.

Just my 2 cents.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    I’m pretty sure DU has a policy not to respond favourably to extortion or intimidation tactics that many on this thread are suggesting be used.
    I agree and I do not think it is in anyone's best interests to try to intimidate.

We just need to politely decline to give them our support and direct it to organizations that more closely align with our goals and beliefs. I for one will direct my efforts locally to AHEIA and Calgary F&G and nationally to Delta Waterfowl.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Thank you for your more reasoned and responsible update on your stance. I still disagree with the financial punishment stance taken toward DU and by extension, hunters but I guess I’m not changing your mind on that one. I do appreciate your comment on inclusivity.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    In my opinion, in this instance, a "neutral" position is not "neutral" in any way. DU could have simply acknowledged the petition and forwarded it "for informational purposes", but instead, they chose to pander and not trigger the Toronto Soccer Mom demographic in hopes of shoring up the left fundraising. Their messaging was disingenuous and, in my opinion, misleading.

Just my 2 cents.

JR
    Agreed JR, agreed!

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 422
Size:  10.4 KB

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    It's neither extortion nor intimidation to tell them you will no longer support them financially because of their policies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    It's neither extortion nor intimidation to tell them you will no longer support them financially because of their policies.
    That is the truth. My $$ is my business. Not donating it to an org that supports the Liberal gun confiscation plan is not intimidation.
    Semper Fi