Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTooner View Post
    I think Delta Waterfowl does a better job at everything we would like Ducks Unlimited to do.
    We also agree.... Plus delta has an awesome mentorship program for new hunters.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    It's clear they crunched the numbers, and government hand outs far out weigh the grass roots efforts. I'm willing to be they in the next few years even shift further into environmentalism, leading to them barring all hunting on their land, calling them water foul conservation areas.
    It sure sounds like some environmentalists have infiltrated Du and in decades have taken over the place...

Ive read some posts here from hunters who did see this development coming, too bad that it didn't spark enough outcry then. Sounds like it's too late now..
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

CGN frequent flyer
    Lol what a bunch of idiots.
    Hey DU, heres a hint ; sharing the existence of a petition does not constitute "political activity". Not for CRA, not for anyone else with a pulse and half a brain.

Stop with the bogus excuses.

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Thanks Stephen Harper,

As a board member of a nonprofit organization I am well aware of the gag order legislation Harper passed. This removes nonprofit tax status if an organization uses its fund to support political positions, essentially. They used it to shutdown the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society because they were promoting letter writing campaigns trying to get Harper to do good things. DU using their resources to promote gun control lobbying for either side of the debate can legally allow CRA to remove there charitable status. End of story. Basically a freedom of speech gag order. Just remember who did this to us. It’s okay to use it on tree huggers but it can now also be used against us. The auditor for the organization I sit on the board of warns us not to do what Ducks also says they can’t do or CRA can and will make your nonprofit taxable on all the donations and income you get.
    ahhhh,,, that actually makes a lot of sense. I have sat on many NPO boards. But I didn't realise that DU was a registered charity (which changes things entirely). So OK, you all can dismiss what I ranted about earlier... but hey don't bust on Steven Harper too much... he did scrap the Long Gun Registry! and the Canadian Wheat Board (which is a very good thing for Western Agriculture)
    Buy once and cry once. Sometimes half measures cost twice as much.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I don't buy it. DU has a vested interest in continued firearms ownership in Canada. Therefore promoting firearms falls well within the scope of their charitable status.

I think firearms owners have every right to be outraged by DU stance, but it's probably time to refocus on our government, once you've taken a shot at DU and reminded them who funds them.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    The Canada Revenue Agency says no, I call bull####!

They are liberal boot lickers getting 41 million dollars per year from the turd.

They can’ t have it both ways, they either support gun owners, or they don’t, this says they don’t.

Time to disengage DU folks!
    There ya' go .... Don't bite the hands that feed you!
    CCFR MDRGC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    So they are saying they can only engage in political theater that pertains to conservation. Make a logical step, no duck hunting》》》no donations 》》》no DU. Firearms prohibition, law, regulation directly impacts hunting, volunteers, DU survival, and every inch of wetland they have or plan to save.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Okay... so it's a registered charity...

On December 13, 2018,#Bill C-86, Budget Implementation Act, 2018, No. 2, which includes new rules to permit charities to carry on unlimited#public policy dialogue and development activities#(PPDDAs) in furtherance of a stated charitable purpose, received Royal Assent.#PPDDAs#generally involve seeking to influence the laws, policies or decisions of a government. A charity is still prohibited from directly or indirectly supporting or opposing a political party or candidate for public office.

On January 21, 2019, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) issued the draft guidance document#CG-027, Public policy dialogue and development activities by charitiesfor public consultation. This document explains how the#CRA expects to administer changes to the Income Tax Act that permit a charity to carry on unlimited#PPDDAs#in furtherance of a stated charitable purpose. This includes guidelines on what is direct and indirect support or opposition to a political party or candidate for public office.#
    Last edited by CosmiC10R; 02-07-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

After all the guns are gone, there will be unlimited ducks. Thus their ultimate goal will have been achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Still the same.... DU gets no more support from TSE.
    Thank you for your support TSE, greatly appreciated and an honor to have you in the corner of the firearm community.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA