Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

I personally don’t believe that posting a link on your website for your membership to view and make their own educated decisions on how they feel about things is a violation of the rules or political activism, unless it goes against what your lib. benefactors don’t want!

Depending on the revisions and interpretations of the new rules someone with more legalese would have to look into that! I was told once by an individual in the Legal department of the corporation that I work for he said companies can do whatever they want and say whatever they want until it’s been challenged in a court of law and ruled on by a judge nothing is final!
    But if it is the case I am just wondering about the doctors against firearms ownership and their charitable status and who is funding them? Because they sure seem to be able to be out on the forefront of a political debate!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    But if it is the case I am just wondering about the doctors against firearms ownership and their charitable status and who is funding them? Because they sure seem to be able to be out on the forefront of a political debate!
    Doctors for Protection from Guns (CDPG) is a non-for-profit business. https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/Corp...crpNm=CANADIAN DOCTORS FOR PROTECTION FROM GUNS&crpNmbr=&bsNmbr=

They are not a registered charity. https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/hacc....stts=0007&p=1

They are a register lobby group. https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/app/secure...96386#regStart

So let me get this straight...it's totally acceptable for the president of Ducks Unlimited to hold a seat on Trudeau's gun ban committee, and completely fine that DU receives tens of millions in federal funding annually, but sharing a petition about respecting democratic process is outside of their mission.

It's pretty clear to me where their loyalty lies, and it's not with us!
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison

Registered lobby group you say! Then they can do whatever they want! Don’t worry about ethics but mostly power and political action

The donations they receive from WWF and Tides probably make the $300,000 from Airbnb look like couch change then!
    Just Google those two organizations and you can see what meddling in politics in Canada can be done with funded lobby groups! There’s a long history of those organizations funding lots of radical actions in Canada

Tim Binch can go DUCK himself

Quote Originally Posted by climbingrocks View Post
    I am a lawyer who has worked with charities and nonprofit clients for several years. We may not like it, but my legal opinion is that DU's position is not only reasonable, but mandatory under the CRA guidelines for charities.

There is a very short list of things a charity can do, and if it does anything else it can be stripped of its charitable status and associated tax benefits. The list is this:
    relief of poverty
    advancement of education
    advancement of religion
    certain other purposes that benefit the community in a way the courts have said is charitable

Environmental conservation is something falling in the last category, and that's how DU maintains it charitable status. Firearms advocacy has not (as of yet) been seen by courts as a charitable community benefit, and it today's political and media climate, it is exceedingly unlikely that the courts would rule that guns are a community benefit worthy of charitable protection.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...haritable.html
    Bull s-h-i-t!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN frequent flyer
    On the positive side. If they sent that to all their members at least the ones who haven’t heard mention of the petition will now be aware. Hopefully they can do a second of research and find it to sign

Looks like the petition was started by an individual from Medicine Hat, Alberta.

I’m not sure where the political association would come from? Other than some political parties agreeing that the libs are over stepping their authority by not following proper political process and circumvent proper investigation and debate to strip vetted legal ownership of property. Something that they, the libs. promised to Canada in their first election campaign, fact based not emotionally based policy! They have yet to offer any real evidence that this will make Toronto any safer! Maybe they could quote the success of the long gun registry! If we could get more people who are concerned about their rights and freedoms not just Firearms owners and explain to the people how this is going to cost the Canadian taxpayer probably in the billions of dollars!

Justin is chasing a seat on the UN council and his association with tides and the united nation plan of disarmament should concern all free citizens of the globe but that is a bigger issue at play then what needs to be mentioned here! But it is indeed at play!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    If DUC want to play the "we're an NPO/Charity" game then why are other NPO/Charity's like BCWF posting the link to their members. Informing people is not advocating politics one way or another......

Here is a petition for your information. Easy.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Still the same.... DU gets no more support from TSE.
    And so liberal voters should be banned from this site.......it’s the same thing!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......